**!!!URGENT!!!** bird Help!!!

aPanzerIV

Daemon Poster
As I was eating a cookie 10minutes ago, I spied what looked like a rock fell out of a tree, then I saw it was a moving bird!

I went outside and picked it up, no other bird, except a crow and 2 blue birds fighting were there. So I chased it through the dog pin,where my dog almost ate it, and into the driveway where I caught it. It wasn't bleeding, and had no apparent injuries, but it could not seem to fly for more than a foot, and looked like a chick crossed with a brown adult, not shiny, and a wide, triangular shapped beak that is yellow.

I have it in a kitty cage with clover bedding, a leaf nest, and a few twigs, an a small cup of water.

ANY HELP I can do to this bird to comfort it until it either dies or can fly again.

AND: Should I feed it worms, or sunflower seeds?

Can you find a picture of what it looks like?

I heard that you should put injured birds somewhere warm as they loose alot of body heat when they are not flying and possibly through shock

You have a local zoo? Or any type of natire/wildlife center or bird sanctuary?

If you do, call them up and ask for advice. My local zoo takes in injured birds sometimes.

+1

Anyway i'd take it too a local vet. I've found quite a few injured birds,i normally feed them sunflower seeds crushed up,with a little bit of water so it's like a paste and feed them with a syringe.

It was a grackle, but for some odd reason, my sister, just stupid as she is, put it in some nest in the tree he fell out of, dispite grackles having a high rep for living in the corners of our insulation...

Back
Top Bottom