Case log - Thermaltake Armor

Hemi Orange? :D

I don't think orange would look good. Lol.

I just started de-riveting the front drive bays. I decides to just pull them all out and go with a laptop DVD drive. Slot-loading would be beast.

Removed drive bay pics:

6c6e9005.jpg

When in doubt, go with black. You don't want the maroon color or whichever you're going with to be too overpowering.

And lose the Tt block! Please!

When in doubt, go with black. You don't want the maroon color or whichever you're going with to be too overpowering.

And lose the Tt block! Please!

How do you think grey sleeving would look? And if I go with that, I will probably use grey coils also.

And the thermaltake block is going. I am gonna get an EK supreme HF acetal + copper.

Btw, I am debating what size window I should use.

10x12 inch

baf5c873.jpg

or 11x14 inch?

5f5710a1.jpg

Another epic idea- What if I got a frozenQ reservoir (the spirally one) and made it rotate slowly? I know it might be hard to find a gasket capable of surviving constant rotation, but it would look amazing.

How do you think grey sleeving would look? And if I go with that, I will probably use grey coils also.

Culexor has gray sleeving. Doesn't look bad, but I've always preferred black. I just like the wires to be as invisible as possible.

And the thermaltake block is going. I am gonna get an EK supreme HF acetal + copper.

Nice, heard very good things about it. They flow better than the Apogee XT and performs right next to it. The flow advantage makes the HF good for multiple-block loops.

Btw, I am debating what size window I should use.

10x12 inch

or 11x14 inch?

I think the 11x14, I don't like small windows on huge cases.

Another epic idea- What if I got a frozenQ reservoir (the spirally one) and made it rotate slowly? I know it might be hard to find a gasket capable of surviving constant rotation, but it would look amazing.

That would be pretty sick if you did get that to work. Those reservoirs are sweet, but would look totally out of place in my computer haha.

Culexor has gray sleeving. Doesn't look bad, but I've always preferred black. I just like the wires to be as invisible as possible.

With the inside being dark red, I don't think there will really be a way to make them invisible. So I would rather make them visible and look nice.

Nice, heard very good things about it. They flow better than the Apogee XT and performs right next to it. The flow advantage makes the HF good for multiple-block loops.

It is about one degree behind the XT. I prefer it because it is significantly cheaper, has adjustable flow plates, and it comes in black acetal, which would look much better in my system.

I think the 11x14, I don't like small windows on huge cases.

I like 11x14 as well. I could go larger, but I didn't like the way it looked.

That would be pretty sick if you did get that to work. Those reservoirs are sweet, but would look totally out of place in my computer haha.

Lol get to work on your computer then. I am hoping I can figure out a way to put it on a bearing without the bearing coming into contact with the fluid or interfering with the cathode. If not, I'll just build it around standard pvc parts (painted black of course) with acrylic tubing. I will have to use a motor that way though, which might be a bit of a pain to get working.

Back
Top Bottom