Random Chit Chat

I understand that we are harming the environment, but I do not believe humans are the cause of global warming. The planet has been in a state of warming since the 'little ice age' in the 17th century.

The whole 'CO2 causes global warming' thing was started when ice cores showed more CO2 at warmer periods in history. They assumed this meant CO2 caused it. Research has shown that the increased CO2 was actually the result of warming caused by a change in solar cycles. The increase in temperature causes the more CO2 to be released from the ocean.

All the major points of global warming can be disproved fairly easily. It seems that people educated on the subject never believe it, but the general public will eat up anything the media reports without any proof.

It's not like Hollywood helps that at all. I fall dead in laughter every time we see/watch "The Day After Tomorrow" on the tele and xxx family member says: "You know, this could really happen! Humans are like locusts; we're just tearing this planet up and leaving nothing behind."

lmfao. Of course the byproducts of most production and manufacturing are harmful to the environment. But let's pose it to you all straight: Do you /really/ want the "big guys" to cut back on manufacturing what makes all of our rigs? Apply the same question to the things that are vital to your life, including the necessities for life, not just the commodities. In this generation, everything is mass-produced. There might be a cleaner way to do it, but typically, things that are "cleaner" cost more. Diesel is an excellent example. Cross-reference the prices of diesel fuel before the government required ultra-low sulpher restrictions, and now. You have to pay for each extra step it takes the company to make that product "clean". Everything goes hand in hand.

Back
Top Bottom