Asking for some cpu help here

antec 1200 is a nice case but since i have the money would the Obsidian 800D be a better case

There is no noticeable difference between a P II and a core i7 in regular gaming. If he was using that system for other things, the i7 would be worth it, but here a P II is more appropriate.
Since when is a Pentium II on the same level as an i7?

Since when is a Pentium II on the same level as an i7?

Overclocking :cool:

Anyhow, go with a 5850 or 5870, blows the Nvidia cards out of the water in my opinion. Also, take some of that cash out of the PSU and case, and put it into two more monitors :D

Also, whoever said Thermaltake power supplies are crap is high or something.

I have one, and it's been fantastic. Very quiet, 8 months and still going strong. Simple and effective, not to mention I got it for $40 at MicroCenter on sale :D

so i was checking out some CPUs today on both side of the battle field and came across the i5-680(3.60GHz) and Phenomâ„¢II X4 965 Black Edition(3.40GHz). I know most game out today can't use all 4 cores so i was leaning towards the i5-680. i know someone said go with phenom but with intels new i5-680 i think it would top that. what do you guys think about it?

Well, since the he Phenom II X4 965 competes on par and beats some of the i7 CPU's, I would say that it would quite handily outperform an i5. It's cheaper too.

yea...but since the i5-680 just came out there isn't too much info on it. also with Asus new M4A mobos it seems like it would be easier to OC AMD cpus then Intel and there mobos

Back
Top Bottom