New aquarium - opinions?

I had a 55 gallon freshwater tank. Had 3 filters (2 "over-the-back" kinds and 1 under the stones) & 2 heaters and several air pumps. I had up to 15-20 fish in there at a time. I never had any problems. I had fish that lived for up to 2-3 years at a time. I didn't do any massive water changes or anything. I didn't add any special chemicals or anything either. I just kept the filters clean. I had a pleco in there that was at least 4 years old and we think older than that. He even survived a move. He was about 8" long or so.

I had a 55 gallon freshwater tank. Had 3 filters (2 "over-the-back" kinds and 1 under the stones) & 2 heaters and several air pumps. I had up to 15-20 fish in there at a time. I never had any problems. I had fish that lived for up to 2-3 years at a time. I didn't do any massive water changes or anything. I didn't add any special chemicals or anything either. I just kept the filters clean. I had a pleco in there that was at least 4 years old and we think older than that. He even survived a move. He was about 8" long or so.

And what were water parameters? I have a large HOB filter and a 360 GPH canister, but I still have to do weekly water changes. The nitrates just build up, the only way to get rid of them is through water change.

Back
Top Bottom