Upgrades for eMachines T1100

That is an oem type power supply. I have a couple like that, it will most likely be very hard to replace.

You could get away with a pci 8500 gt, assuming you can find one.

Am I missing something here? The account was banned and he blatantly and deliberately created another. :|

I want to be of help, but we seem to keep hashing the same concepts and questions over and over again.

Buy a PCI 8500GT and call it a day.

Am I missing something here? The account was banned and he blatantly and deliberately created another. :|

I want to be of help, but we seem to keep hashing the same concepts and questions over and over again.

Buy a PCI 8500GT and call it a day.

AR posted after, so I assume the ban was intended to reset post count.

Cards to look for: 8500,8400, radeon 9500/9550, x1300, 7200,7300

His main account was banned through a series of unfortunate misunderstandings and he was allowed to post under another account while we work on getting his main account back.

Carry on. :D

I just recently got a used DVD player for $2 at Thrift World so now I can install DVD CDs or watch DVDs now. But I' am having some problems and the problem is that it appreas the when I boot the PC the CDROM ejects and closes but after windows is fully loaded the CDROM won't eject or anything also I don't see the DVDROM listed on the device manager. I did use the same ribbon cord that was connected to the other CDROM since it had another plug like thing on the same ribbon cord so it should work but it's not.

I just recently got a used DVD player for $2 at Thrift World so now I can install DVD CDs or watch DVDs now. But I' am having some problems and the problem is that it appreas the when I boot the PC the CDROM ejects and closes but after windows is fully loaded the CDROM won't eject or anything also I don't see the DVDROM listed on the device manager. I did use the same ribbon cord that was connected to the other CDROM since it had another plug like thing on the same ribbon cord so it should work but it's not.

You'll need to set one CDROM to Master and the other to Slave.

Look on the back of the drives, next to the IDE connector, for the jumper. You should see the various settings available for the different jumper positions.

What I did is I saw the first main CDROM and it was on the first two and the new DVD I got was on the last two so I moved the peg to the middle two and it worked. So I guess the DVDROM wasn't broken. :) Now I can watch DVDs and install games that use DVD CDs. :D

I actualy didn't know what I was doing but just guessed that the peg should of been in the next two from the first two since the main CDROM is on the first two.

Remeniz said to put it to salve, and the "peg" you moved is called a Jumper...just to let you know :D

Back
Top Bottom