Going to Florida this summer.. but there's a problem

It probably runs a D16, which are fairly high compression motors, so I'd pretty much agree on the blown head gasket idea. The D15 y7 we had in the '92 hatchie was always, and I mean ALWAYS blowing gaskets which would in turn be burning all the coolant (irony). We could always tell because it constantly smelled like AntiFreeze and there was always a nice trail of white smoke. Then the head, itself, got warped because he never had the money to replace the gasket when it blew. I think that it was always shifted too high. [/offtopic]

So, buy a heavy duty gasket and some ARP head-studs (I think they are pretty much the best) and wrench it in.

For the oil, have you looked at the pan? Pretty much all Hondas ride low, even stock, and certain impacts can really screw up the pan.

It does seem like my civic shifts too high as well.. It's never shifted as well as it use to with the old original tranny believe it or not(I wish it was manual). I do plan on getting the head gasket replaced fairly quickly.. I'm not handy at all with cars so I'm probably looking at $1k+ for parts and labor :mad:

I can see the oil leak near a canister looking thing on about the middle level of the engine so that will be easy to point out to a mechanic.

Well the beach we were planning on going to in florida is actually near the oil spill(Pensacola beach) So thats foiled....

Thanks for the amtrak suggestion foothead but the closest amtrak train is 2 hours away..

Now searching for the next best thing besides a beach... Gynormous waterpark? lol..

Well it looks like Galveston TX beach it is :)

Bus ride round trip: $324
Hotel stay: $406

Total $730

I've got $1500 budgeted for this trip so it's looking good so far

Well it looks like Galveston TX beach it is :)

Bus ride round trip: $324
Hotel stay: $406

Total $730

I've got $1500 budgeted for this trip so it's looking good so far

I've heard the Galveston beach isn't all that great. The best Texas beach I've been to is South Padre Island. It gets kinda crowded, but it's a really nice beach. Sadly that is at least another 8 hour drive from Galveston, probably more. And it helps to have a car because you park right on the beach.

Any beach before Alabama is gonna be pretty bad. Or at least that is what I have always been told. Biloxi beach had sewage runoff and brown water, and grand isle was pure mud. Glad I'm not a beach person.

Back
Top Bottom