Car Thread!

Yeah, the Miata does lack power, but personally I find it fun to wring every little bit out of a lightweight underpowered car.

I'm planning on purchasing mine during fall. I'm pretty much settled on an NA8, hopefully a 1994 or 95 model. I don't feel like dealing with OBDII with the 96-97 and I want that 1.8-litre.

As for my plans with the car, it'll mostly be for daily driving with plenty of mountain pass/backroad driving and the occasional autocross/track/HPDE event.

So far I'm settled on:

- 15x7 Enkei RPF1
- Dunlop Direzza Z1 Star Specs (195/50/15)
- Koni Sport adjustable shocks
- H&R Race springs
- Fat Cat Motorsports 46mm bump stops
- Flyin' Miata rear shock mounts
- Flyin' Miata front & rear sway bars
- Flyin' Miata Butterfly brace
- Hard Dog Hardcore rollbar
- Hella E-Code H4 headlight units
- Racing Beat High Flow Intake
- Racing Beat 4:1 Stainless Steel Headers
- Racing Beat Sport Connecting Pipe
- Racing Beat Power Pulse muffler

As far as external/internal aesthetic parts go, I'll decide that as I go. I'll probably replace all the bushings to polyurethane at some point or another.

You should JY turbo it. Little turbo on it, 200hp would make it go. Even with the stock 130hp, and the 10 or so more you may get, it will still be pretty quick for how light it is.

Yeah I might think about a turbocharger later down the road, but I'll keep it stock for now.

If anything I might even consider a Flyin' Miata 2.0-litre Stroker engine. I just love NA engines too much and the thought of those high compression 11.0:1 pistons. ^_^

All I know is that when I get mine, I'm gonna focus on the suspension first. back roads are fun even without much power.

You are both getting Miatas?? Nice! I would rather do a 302 swap in a Miata than an RX-7, but it takes more fabricating, and Miatas are more expensive, lol.

Stroker Miata, that sounds pretty sweet. You could drop in like a 4cyl from an svo Mustang or something too. 11:1 compression would be nice, but 10k for that kit is a lot...

I'm probably gonna stick with the stock engine, I don't know if I want to deal with fabricating anything. We'll see.

You are both getting Miatas?? Nice! I would rather do a 302 swap in a Miata than an RX-7, but it takes more fabricating, and Miatas are more expensive, lol.

Stroker Miata, that sounds pretty sweet. You could drop in like a 4cyl from an svo Mustang or something too. 11:1 compression would be nice, but 10k for that kit is a lot...

Yeah LOL. I thought of it first. :p

Flyin' Miata sells a tubular front subframe and buy it without any engine mounts for you to install your own depending on what engine you want to shove in there. It's 10lbs lighter than stock too.

Yeah, the FM Stroker is expensive, but don't forget the entire engine is put together by ONE technician from start to finish. They're not just selling already bored out engines, they actually do all the hard work.

All I know is that when I get mine, I'm gonna focus on the suspension first. back roads are fun even without much power.

Yep, that's why all my planned mods are suspension/handling based.

It's not a bored out engine, I thought it was a stroker? That's easy stuff to do. Buy the crank, pistons, rods, bolt it togethor. Half a days work. Not sure if the heads and cam are the same though. Heads usually run around $1000-2000 for an average aftermarket set...

I swapped my Tercel to this:
55291045.png

26964142844643945214815.jpg

Back
Top Bottom