Computer's acting... strange

I Play WOW

Baseband Member
Not exactly sure what i have but here's some info.
BitDefender Total
Windows XP
Firefox loads offscreen
IE's homepage is some download site
F8 Key doesnt work anymore so I cant boot in safe mode.

Also taskmanager's been picking up some odd files running named:
ipmip.exe ( only appears on start up with internet on)
bdwizreg.exe
wdfmgr.exe
hpqwmiex.exe
The last three I dont think are anything bad but havnt shown up until a few days ago.

BitDefender is trash imo, can someone recommend me new antivirus software?

Hijacklog too big for post

There is probably a F lock key on your keyboard, hit it and then your F8 key will work again. For antivirus you can use Avast, AVG, or Microsoft Security Essentials. If you have some pirated Microsoft software though don't use the Security Essentials you will just get spammed with pop ups. I would also download Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware. I download them from CNET when I put them on a customer's computer. After they are installed Update them and run. While they are running I would hit Start -> Run -> type "msconfig" go to the startup tab and uncheck the Super Anti Spyware. If you don't it will bog down your computer a ton at startup. After these two scans are done, reboot your computer and then you should be good. If you think you still have a bunch of crap on your computer though you can download CCleaner. Once again my preferred method is through http://download.cnet.com/windows/ Once it is installed you just hit run cleaner, it will clean out a bunch of temp files and useless crap on your computer. Then go to the registry tab and hit scan for issues. Then when that is done hit Fix selected issues. Then restart your computer.

Back
Top Bottom