Upgrades for eMachines T1100

Ok but please don't tell me that my card was the cheapest and lowest end of all onboard cards. :(

Or is it the lowest end for onboard? Even back in 2001

I' am just shocked about this if it is the lowest lowest end card for onboards.
I'm not shocked at all, knew it from the first time you posted. :eek:

So was there really a reason to have my video card using AGP2X then? But you guys did say that if my video card was PCI my AGP would be faster though.

So maybe it is better than if it was the PCI version but I guess not even good as other onboard cards.

But if it is the lowest of the lowest end card then why does it have 32mb? Since I remember back then they had cards that were like 16mb or even 8mb. I thought 32mb was pretty good. But I guess no matter how many mb probley the video card is still not good I assume.

Well is there anyway I can improve the Intel onboard chip? Or is there anyway that I can use somehow the AGP2X to add a new AGP2X card?

obvious troll is obvious.

Seriously, we have already answered every question you had at least five times. Go back and read the thread for answers. If you have a different question, ask it but do not ask the same one over and over again after we gave you the answer.

So was there really a reason to have my video card using AGP2X then? But you guys did say that if my video card was PCI my AGP would be faster though.

So maybe it is better than if it was the PCI version but I guess not even good as other onboard cards.

But if it is the lowest of the lowest end card then why does it have 32mb? Since I remember back then they had cards that were like 16mb or even 8mb. I thought 32mb was pretty good. But I guess no matter how many mb probley the video card is still not good I assume.

Well is there anyway I can improve the Intel onboard chip? Or is there anyway that I can use somehow the AGP2X to add a new AGP2X card?

Lets make this easy for you.

So was there really a reason to have my video card using AGP2X then?

It's not using AGP 2X,That's simply a marketting ploy (Or a gimmick) to have people like you beleiving that there pc is the ducks guts. Also its not a VIDEO CARD! You have an IGP.

But you guys did say that if my video card was PCI my AGP would be faster though.

Please do point out excactly where we said this.

But if it is the lowest of the lowest end card then why does it have 32mb?

This is changeable in the BIOS,You can have as little as 2mb (In some BIOS's) and up to 128mb (In some BIOS's). Someone has most likely changed this.

I remember back then they had cards that were like 16mb or even 8mb. I thought 32mb was pretty good.

Memory isn't everything.

No and no.

To put it too you bluntly. Your PC's current IGP Chip is Shit. You dont have AGP 2X,Regardless of what some sticker or untrained salesman tells you. Your pc has served you well and it's time to move on.

AGP cards can handle faster data transfers, compared to PCI, but older cards won't exceed too much one from the other. I had a friend running games off of a Radeon 9200 PCI and it was playable.

AGP will make a difference as soon as you get to the late 2005 models, as PCI gets bottlenecked there.

If you get a Radeon 9550 or lower, you technically should be fine.

Dedicated graphics requires the CPU to process that, sucks your RAM and actually won't do much than if you'd had a PCI card installed.

So it looks like to me that until 2005 AGP wasn't better than PCI cards right? So basicly my AGP2X performs same as PCI cards. hmmm

If that's the case then the GeForce 2 series might even be better than my AGP card.

What video cards will work on a 150 watt power supply and that is an upgrade to my current card?

Will a GeForce FX Series work somehow? Or maybe a GeForce 4 MX series? Or are those going to use more than 150 watts? I don't think my motherboard uses alot of watts so maybe it might work. But I don't want to fry the power supply though lol.

So it looks like to me that until 2005 AGP wasn't better than PCI cards right? So basicly my AGP2X performs same as PCI cards. hmmm

If that's the case then the GeForce 2 series might even be better than my AGP card.

What video cards will work on a 150 watt power supply and that is an upgrade to my current card?

Will a GeForce FX Series work somehow? Or maybe a GeForce 4 MX series? Or are those going to use more than 150 watts? I don't think my motherboard uses alot of watts so maybe it might work. But I don't want to fry the power supply though lol.

You need to tell us what model power supply this is, and the +12v amperage.

Wait wtf? You are not allowed to create a second account after your first one has been banned.

I don't think that matters much foothead. It's a puny 150W power supply. Not much more you need to know really.

It should be able handle a lower end GeForce FX series card. The GeForce 2 and MX series should work too.

Here are some pics of my eMachines

As you see it uses a not normal size power supply so even if I wanted to upgrade it I don't know how to get this size. Also it seems kinda smaller than normal ones. Maybe you guys know what kind this is.

Picture037.jpg

Picture038.jpg

Picture039.jpg

Picture040.jpg

Picture041.jpg

Back
Top Bottom