Upgrades for eMachines T1100

So it is normal that all onboard cards are low end.

Well I guess I could ask this but what is good about having onboard cards if they are low end? Or is there nothin good about them?

Now, let's get your terminology right. You do not have a "video card". What your system has is an integrated graphics processor or IGP. A video card is a dedicated graphics processing unit (GPU) that is mounted on a card that includes it own video graphics memory (VRAM).

This is an integrated video processor similar to yours:
moneycc.jpg

This is a video card:
graphicscard4.jpg

Please try to use the correct terminology to help lesson any confusion in the future. :D

Well I guess I could ask this but what is good about having onboard cards if they are low end? Or is there nothin good about them?
They offer a low cost graphics solution and work great for what they were designed for. Surfing the web, word processing, light gaming, general computer use.

Ok let me ask this but for an onboard type video card like mine is my Intel AGP2X a good onboard video card? Meaning for onboard types of cards it's very good back in 2001. I know todays onboard is better but for onboards back in 2001 was my AGP Intel card good?

Btw I always say anything that is related to video hardware a video card so even it's onboard I call it an onboard video card but was that confusing everyone?

No, the one is your system is a very basic IGP. It relies solely on the CPU for it's graphics rendering. The higher end ones do the graphics rendering themselves, improving the overall speed of the system.

Ok but please don't tell me that my card was the cheapest and lowest end of all onboard cards. :(

Or is it the lowest end for onboard? Even back in 2001

I' am just shocked about this if it is the lowest lowest end card for onboards.

Back
Top Bottom