Upgrades for eMachines T1100

yes, but you do not have a card, and it is not agp. Agp is a bus which your IGP cannot use. What intel did was recycle the available rails so they can be assigned to an AGP bus or the IGP.
That's where you're wrong foothead. His IGP is using the AGP2x bus (see diagram). It's just that his particular IGP is a very basic chip and is not necessarily geared towards high end gaming.

So that means my AGP card is not using the full power that an AGP2X has to offer? So does that mean that the AGP2X Intel card I have is a little bit faster than if the card was PCI?
That is correct. :D

Example would be like lets say a car has a speed meter that goes upto 160mph but the car can only go upto 120mph since it's not powerful enough to get to the top 160mph on the meter. Basicly you need a bigger engine to make the car go 160mph and make the meter to point to the max.

So basicaly my AGPX2 isn't using the full power that an AGP2X can offer.

Example would be like lets say a car has a speed meter that goes upto 160mph but the car can only go upto 120mph since it's not powerful enough to get to the top 160mph on the meter. Basicly you need a bigger engine to make the car go 160mph and make the meter to point to the max.

So basicaly my AGPX2 isn't using the full power that an AGP2X can offer.

Yes.

You will do much better with a good pci gpu.

Well that kinda sucks since all this time I thought my AGP2X card was high end but I guess not. But was it a good card back in 2001? Or was it still not that great even that time?

Was it an average type card back in 2001 or was it a low end card back then? I' am just wondering where did it rank compaired to other cards back in 2001.

Well then what was the point that eMachines made this card AGP2X if it wasn't good at all? Since it seems like it didn't use the power of AGP2X at all only some of it.

Also why did eMachines put such a low end card on this machine back then. I still find it hard to beleve that my card was that that low end even back in 2001. I know that today yes it's very very old but back in 2001 when the machine was made I really find it hard that a company would install such a low end card on a machine.

Or is it normal that all onboard cards are low end like mine was.

Intel designed it that way for the sake of simplicity.

It was a cheap computer back when it was new. What do you expect? It was never really designed for gaming.

Back
Top Bottom