College, Financial Aid and the works.

I dropped pre-dentistry and took up a major in business with a minor in culinary arts. I don't want to do something with computers because I like it as a hobby. People always need to eat and I'm hoping the economy will pick back up in 4 years.

I love working with computers. Hardware and software, I'm good at it. But I'm absolutely terrible at programming. Never took and computer courses because it would be a waste if I already know the stuff. I'm not trying to brag, most of the people here should know what I mean. I like to learn. I eventually figured out it's not technology that I love, it's problem solving. Put anything in front of me and I'll fix it. I can build stuff too.

I too an Intro to PC class at my college. The only thing I remember learning was the modem was an acronym. I never studied and looked at the text a few times, and I passed with an 'A'. Fun class to review some stuff though.

I love working with computers. Hardware and software, I'm good at it. But I'm absolutely terrible at programming. Never took and computer courses because it would be a waste if I already know the stuff. I'm not trying to brag, most of the people here should know what I mean. I like to learn. I eventually figured out it's not technology that I love, it's problem solving. Put anything in front of me and I'll fix it. I can build stuff too.

Right now I'm working as an environmental technician. I spend my whole day troubleshooting equipment. I feel accomplished when I fix something.

Excactly right. To Some people,all courses are is a way to gain an 'official' piece of paper to say you have skills,even though you already have them,piece of paper or not.

Came to the conclusion that I'm going to go to Kaplan college for criminal justice. It starts in September.

Came to the conclusion that I'm going to go to Kaplan college for criminal justice. It starts in September.

Isn't that one of those online colleges? You would be better off going to community college. Extremely cheap and they offer tons of financial aid. Your credits won't transfer anywhere from Kaplan.

Isn't that one of those online colleges? You would be better off going to community college. Extremely cheap and they offer tons of financial aid. Your credits won't transfer anywhere from Kaplan.

No it's actually in the parking lot of my work lol but it's for a associates degree. Easiest to do since with the community college, no joke, I could take about 1-2 classes, TOPS. They are ridiculously crowded! Hah

Back
Top Bottom