Upgrades for eMachines T1100

So does that mean then my Intel card is good since it's AGP2X? Since if it really uses AGP2X it is faster than PCI. But I guess the GPU isn't the best but at least it's AGP2X which makes the video card better than if the Intel card was PCI.

No no no no no no

The fact that it uses the same pipelines as the agp bus does not make it better.

We are going in circles here, just forget everything about AGP. That is irrelevant.

If you were to make a PCI video card using your Intel DirectAGP 3D graphics chip, than yes, the onboard "AGP" would be faster. But since were dealing with a very basic onboard graphics chip, ANY available PCI graphics card is faster than what you have.

PCI video cards aren't cheap. I bought one for my work PC because all it had was PCI and I wanted to a dual LCD setup. I think I spent $60 on a GeForce 5600.

If you were to make a PCI video card using your Intel DirectAGP 3D graphics chip, than yes, the onboard "AGP" would be faster. But since were dealing with a very basic onboard graphics chip, ANY available PCI graphics card is faster than what you have.

The difference would be negligible. There is not enough bandwidth being used to even saturate the PCI bus.

I realize that foothead, but that wasn't the point. I was just trying to illustrate the differences in a way that Dustin could understand more clearly..

So are you saying that even if lets say my Intel card was PCI it will still perform the same way as my current AGP Intel card? I thought AGP2X was alot faster so if we were compairing two same graphic cards then AGP2X would play games alot better.

In all reality, you probably wouldn't notice the difference Dustin. AGP allows more powerful GPU's the ability to flex their muscles.

So are you saying that even if lets say my Intel card was PCI it will still perform the same way as my current AGP Intel card? I thought AGP2X was alot faster so if we were compairing two same graphic cards then AGP2X would play games alot better.

yes, but you do not have a card, and it is not agp. Agp is a bus which your IGP cannot use. What intel did was recycle the available rails so they can be assigned to an AGP bus or the IGP.

Idk how many times I have to say this, but the bus is irrelevant if the GPU does not use enough bandwidth to fully saturate it and create a bottleneck.

So that means my AGP card is not using the full power that an AGP2X has to offer? So does that mean that the AGP2X Intel card I have is a little bit faster than if the card was PCI?

Back
Top Bottom