Upgrades for eMachines T1100

Onboard GPU's do not use card slot types (PCI, AGP, ISA, PCI-E, etc, etc)
They use the NB as a hub and the FSB for communications with the CPU (where the graphics processing is actually done on integrated ((onboard)) graphics solutions.

Not sure where you heard your computer used AGP2X an interface.

Well when I talked to eMachines years agao they said my onboard video card is an AGP2X and they said it's alot better than PCI cards since it's faster. Also it says on the system specs for my machine that I have a AGP 2X on my motherboard.

Unfortunately, not everyone working with a company actually knows much about what they are supposed to. I would have to know the specific model of the GPU itself to determine if there is actually any dedicated GPU that is worse than it. I highly doubt much is worse than an Intel IGPU.

I haven't looked up your machine yet, so I can't say if it does, in fact, have an AGP slot. But I can tell you right now that no onboard video uses a card bus.

Well the techs said that you can't add a AGP card but the onboard is forsure an AGP2X type card. Also as I said and I did post the specs for my machine on this topic it said clearly I have AGP 2X. The motherboard may just have one AGP and it's been used by the onboard Intel video card. I can post the specs of my PC again.

Product MPN
MPN T1100
Key Features
Form Factor Tower
Processor Intel Celeron 1 GHz
Installed Memory 128 MB (SDRAM)
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
HDD Size 20 GB
Optical Drive Type CD-ROM • CD Burner
Recommended Use Home Use, Business
Processor
Processor Type Intel Celeron
Processor Speed 1 GHz
Processor Manufacturer Intel
Processor Upgradability Upgradable
Max Processors Qty. 1
Motherboard
Bus Speed 100 MHz
Video Output Interface AGP 2x
Memory
RAM Technology SDRAM
Installed RAM 128 MB
Max Supported RAM 256 MB
Installed Cache Memory 128 KB
Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity 20 GB
Hard Drive Interface DMA/ATA-66 (Ultra)
CD / DVD
Optical Drive Type CD-RW
Optical Drive Read Speed 2x (DVD)
Other Drives
Floppy Drive 3.5" 1.44 MB floppy
Audio / Video
Audio Output Type Sound Card
Max. Video Resolution 1600 x 1200
Modem
Modem Type Fax / Modem
Dimensions
Width 7.01 in.
Depth 14.5 in.
Height 14.26 in.
Weight 22.49 lb.
Warranty
Warranty 1 Year
Miscellaneous
OS Certified Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Product ID 20146299
Family Line eMachines T

Once again, the IGP does not use a bus. I thought about why AGP 2x is listed, and the most likely reason is that the chipset supports it but there is just no slot on the board.

Well also even the sticker on my desktop specs even say it's AGP so my Intel card must have some sort of AGP2X.

Just post a pic of your motherboard.

What does it even matter if your intel IGP does use AGP though? It is still one of the crappiest 'GPU's that you could possibly find. Just forget anaything about agp.

That is correct foothead. It does have an AGP2x grphics system. AGP is a dedicated point-to-point connection from the graphics card to the CPU. In this case, there is no video card, but a built in graphics chip. Either built in or as an add in video card, they both run on the same AGP pipeline.

agpoverg3.gif

Back
Top Bottom