Upgrades for eMachines T1100

He does not have an AGP video card. His computer uses the integrated Intel DirectAGP 3D graphics chip. It is entirely dependent on the CPU for it's graphics processing. It also has no AGP slot, only PCI slots.

Yes, I know but he does not undersand that no matter how many times we say, so I just said it that way.

OP: why can you not post a budget? This is getting ridiculous. Just say how much you want to spend and I can find you the best card for the price.

Well according to the specs it says my motherboard has AGP2X. So the video card must be using AGP2X somehow. But eather way I guess I should just get any kind of PCI card that I can afford and assume it's going to be better than the AGP card I have.

Product MPN
MPN T1100
Key Features
Form Factor Tower
Processor Intel Celeron 1 GHz
Installed Memory 128 MB (SDRAM)
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
HDD Size 20 GB
Optical Drive Type CD-ROM • CD Burner
Recommended Use Home Use, Business
Processor
Processor Type Intel Celeron
Processor Speed 1 GHz
Processor Manufacturer Intel
Processor Upgradability Upgradable
Max Processors Qty. 1
Motherboard
Bus Speed 100 MHz
Video Output Interface AGP 2x
Memory
RAM Technology SDRAM
Installed RAM 128 MB
Max Supported RAM 256 MB
Installed Cache Memory 128 KB
Hard Drive
Hard Drive Capacity 20 GB
Hard Drive Interface DMA/ATA-66 (Ultra)
CD / DVD
Optical Drive Type CD-RW
Optical Drive Read Speed 2x (DVD)
Other Drives
Floppy Drive 3.5" 1.44 MB floppy
Audio / Video
Audio Output Type Sound Card
Max. Video Resolution 1600 x 1200
Modem
Modem Type Fax / Modem
Dimensions
Width 7.01 in.
Depth 14.5 in.
Height 14.26 in.
Weight 22.49 lb.
Warranty
Warranty 1 Year
Miscellaneous
OS Certified Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Product ID 20146299
Family Line eMachines T

I can get a GeForce FX series card for a good deal at Ebay.com but now will my power supply work? I only have 150 watts. If not what video card will be better and that will work on 150 watts?

Just tell me what you are willing to spend and I can find a better one. The geforce fx has become a collectors item of sorts so you can most likely find something way better for cheaper.

Well I don't have enough money now and that's the problem. I will need to save up and the first upgrade the ram to 512mb. Then I need to find a video card that will work on 150 watts power supply but since this PC is older a GeForce FX series card might work even it's needs around 200 watts since the motherboard isn't using alot of power.

From what I gather, he really doesn't need to upgrade his graphics if it is playing his current games. So this is a really just an exercise in futility. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom