Upgrades for eMachines T1100

Well what kind of video card is the cheapest and will be an upgrade to the AGP that I have? Or is my AGP card better than any affordable video cards since it seems like you guys are saying that the higher end PCI cards might be better but if I look for budget affordable cards then probley my AGP 2X card is better I would assume right?

I remember also that you guys said you wouldn't bother with PCI cards but I guess it seems like now that you guys are saying that there are PCI cards better than the AGP card I have. But are you guys talking about the most expensive cards? Since I can't afford that if that's the case.

Dustin Broke:

In order for us to help you, or give you any sort of useful advice, then please post the following:

*Goal for this computer (playing a certain game, being compatible with a certain program, etc.)

*Budget to do this on ($100 for a video card, $160 for entire project, etc.)

*The rest of the computer's specifications (Motherboard, slots on motherboard, powersupply, case, etc.) if you know them

Thank you. It's very hard to helps someone with computer related things if we do not know the above things. I think that this forum has some very knowledgeable people, but we can't help much unless we know what your current situation is.

I have posted the things I do on my eMachines on the other topic. Also the specs are there too since I did copy and pasted it. But if you want I can copy and paste it here.

I guess I can say this again but I basicaly play older games on my machine and listen to my music using windows media player and also use iTunes for my iPod Shuffle and also I browse the internet and goto Youtube and watch videos. I play older games like The Sims, UT 2004, Quake 3 Arena and Jurassic Park: Dinosaur Battles etc. So basicly I mostly play games on this machine.

Eather way if you guys have said on the other topic I made that don't bother about PCI then that means my AGP 2X card must be the best unless maybe if it was top of the line PCI card I don't know.

Ok, here's the thing Dustin, your computer does NOT have a video card. It has a bulit in graphics chip that handles basic computing and simple, low graphic games. It is not an AGP2x card, but it runs on an AGP2x bus speed. ANY PCI video card you get for it will be a big improvement performance wise in games.

This is about the best you can currently get: PARKLE GeForce 9500 GT 512MB 128-bit DDR2 PCI

If the onboard video card is still using AGP2X doesn't it mean that it still uses the same speed as a normal AGP2X video card? If so then the AGP onboard card has alot faster speed than any PCI cards even that GeForce 9500 GT. The GeForce might have a better GPU or more memory etc but still it's using PCI which is alot slower than AGP right?

On the other topic you guys posted the specs between the PCI and AGP and I see there is a big difference.

The PCI slot may have a slower bus speed, but the 9500GT GPU is leaps and bounds ahead of the simple Intel DirectAGP 3D graphics chip. It also uses it's own video memory whereas the onboard graphics is dependent on the CPU and system memory.

So are you saying that even the GeForce card is slow PCI bus it's still would be better than the faster AGPX2 Intel card I have? So does that mean any PCI card even the lower end ones still are better than the AGP2X Intel card? Or are you saying that only the GeForce 9500 GT PCI is better than the AGP card and others that are cheaper PCI cards are not as good as the Intel AGP2X card onboard this machine?

Back
Top Bottom