overclocking nightmare

i have done this and nothing.

i unplugged it and removed the CMOS for about 30 min
it takes pushing the power button twice to get it to turn on there are no beeps.i have also moved the ram to different slots thinking that could be it.

i can not get it to boot so i dont know what volts there where.

i can also hold the power button and nothing happens when i need to turn it off.

different video card has also been used and nothing happens.

i have tried every way possible on the button connections.

no hdd light as well

Have you checked to make sure all power connections are seated? Especially the 20/24 pin on the motherboard and 4/8 pin near the CPU.

you might have increased the voltage more than you usally safely do without realising

all extra connections have been removed i did make sure of the power and all conections are in.

could the board be ok and the cpu be fryed.

i mean like when you have the wrong type of ram in it dosent post.(but if that was the case then it would beep)

Unfortunately, the best way I can think of to test these things is to get someone with a proc of the same socket and swap it in. Testing alternate parts is pretty much always the best method.

I know one person that itmight be posible I will report back as soon as he txts back thanks for the help

well that fell thou so i will be rebuilding any suggestions for a mobo needs to be ddr2 1200 or less

Can you list your system?
There are alot of suggestions from people without knowing what you have which is not a good idea to follow blind suggestions.
A lot of motherboards are picky on resetting from a fail overclock and Asus being the worst.

List your system as follows.
CPU:
Motherboard:
RAM:
PSU:
GPU:

Give this information and complete information and then we can go from there.

well tanks to all who helped

i got a cheap cpu from ebay and everthing still worked.i managed to fry the cpu

i got a sempron 3400+

Back
Top Bottom