Upgrades for eMachines T1100

Dustin_Broke1

In Runtime
Is there actualy any PCI video cards that is better than the AGP card I have? Or are all PCI cards not good as my AGP. I know you guys said that PCI is slow but just wondering if there is actualy an video card that is better even it's PCI. I have the eMachines T1100. I know the other topic we talked about the video card and I guess I know that the AGP card I have is the best since it's AGP but just wondering if forsure there is no such PCI cards that is actualy better than the AGP card even PCI is slower. If not then I will just keep the AGP that I have. I know I have to upgrade the memory to 512mb since right now I only have 256mb. I added two Crucial 128mb PC100 SDRAM since my machine is for PC100 not PC133. I mean it will work on PC133 but just my motherboard won't use the extra speed the PC133 has.

I wonder if there is anything that I can upgrade to make it the best for this system.

Well from my sticker it apprears to be some kind of Intel 3D Direct AGP type card. Also I know the video card is an AGP 2X since it says that on the specs. On the other topic I read that the AGP 2X is alot better than any PCI cards but just was wondering if forsure there is no better PCI card that is better than the AGP that I have.

Need more info on the card. AGP 2xis very dated, so you could be running something totally ancient.

Go to device manager and find the video card. Most likely, a PCI 9500 GT will beat it by a good bit.

I take it that you are trying to play video games?

Well I mean if the AGP card I have is good enough then it's fine since it's AGP.

Yes I play games like The Sims, UT 2004, Quake 3 Arena and StarCraft etc. I did say this on the other topic I posted.

I did also see that my power supply is 150 watts but is that fine? That's what it came with. Also it seems like it's smaller than normal sized ones and has a big fan sticking out.

150w is incredibly low. That will need replacing in most cases.

I cannot tell you what cards are better unless you tell me what I am comparing them with. Please post what card you have.

So just because it's AGP 2X doesn't mean it's better than all PCI cards? I thought no matter what card I have since it's AGP it's the best compaired PCI cards or am I wrong? You guys did say that on the other topic.

Also what kind of power supply do I need at least? Also where can I get the kind I need?

You took what was said out of context. The AGP bus is faster than PCI, but that does not mean that any card on AGP will be faster than the best PCI cards.

If it's the Intel DirectAGP 3D, that's not a video card. It's a graphics chip that is built into the motherboard. If that's the case, ANY video card you get for it will be an improvement.

I think this is the on-board GPU solution that the OP has.

It connects to the northbridge via a AGP 2X connection. This is why I assumed an upgrade PCI GPU card would suffer due to the slower interface connection speeds even compared to AGP 2X.

Back
Top Bottom