eMachines T1100, T1105

bad idea. You can buy a graphics card for $100 that is PCI from RadioShack or Best Buy.

I thought any PCI cards are not good as my AGP card. Didn't you say that PCI cards are not good as AGP? Meaning any PCI cards aren't good. I mean if it was AGP then GeForce FX 5000 series would be better but since if you get the PCI version isn't it all bad no matter what kind it is? Like even if I got the higher end PCI card it won't be good at all unless it's AGP or better.

But since my onboard video card has AGP doesn't that mean it's better than any PCI type card? I know there are better AGP cards than mine but since I can't use AGP isn't the AGP card I have the best that I can get for my system?

it is the "best" you can get because you cant get any other AGP GPU for your rig.

try using GPUZ an show us the specs? not sure if that will show a integrated gpu though

Are you asking me to show you the system specs? I thought I posted that on the first page. Also I showed you the specs that is on the sticker.

Is there some specs you need that is not listed?

So my onboard video card must be better than getting a PCI card since I know AGP is alot better than PCI. If I did add a new card it would have to be PCI right so it won't be as good as the onboard AGP. Unless there is a way to add an AGP card then the onboard AGP is alot better than any PCI basicaly.

No. An add-on PCI graphics card with it's own memory will dramatically improve the performance of this computer. I know because I've done it. You can dig around on ebay and find an older card that was higher-end "back in the day" for basically, peanuts.

In your digging around about this emachines T1105, did you by any chance figure out exactly what socket it has, and what CPU the BIOS would support? It looks like only a 1.1ghz max, which isn't worth the effort of upgrading from a 1.0. I

** edited **
forget the entire agp business, the agp onboard video is nothing compared to what you get with the dedicated card. You can also install several versions of Linux on this machine, eliminating the need for resource hungry anti-spyware,anti-virus, etc. With a good PCI video card, Xfce or LXDE, and 512mb Ram, this machine would still make a good browser and emailer. According to what I've seen, you should be able to run 512mb on it.

I first had trouble trying to make two 256mb PC100 rams to work but then when I called a tech guy from OEM memory site and they were looking it up on forums to see if there were others that had this problem and basicly at the end found out that I needed to update the bios so it will accept 512mb total ram. So now I have 512mb of system ram and it's much faster than 256mb.

Ok I am soo glad I didn't need to buy a new power supply since my ATI Radeon 7200 PCI card works perfectly fine. I don't know why you guys said no video cards will work on my system but it seems like the Radeon 7200 works and I noticed that my games run alot smoother and not as choppy. I thought since my Intel video chip was AGP it was a good IGP but I guess since the Radeon 7200 has T&L feature it makes a huge difference. So basicly my 150 watts power supply works. Also I did before contacted ATI techs and they said my power supply should work when they saw the specs of it. :)

But they did say if I wanted to have a Radeon 9250 then I need at least a 200 watt power supply so when I save up more money I will upgrade my power supply and then get maybe the 9250 or GeForce 6200.

Back
Top Bottom