eMachines T1100, T1105

So my onboard video card must be better than getting a PCI card since I know AGP is alot better than PCI. If I did add a new card it would have to be PCI right so it won't be as good as the onboard AGP. Unless there is a way to add an AGP card then the onboard AGP is alot better than any PCI basicaly.

Basically I wouldn't bother with a PCI graphics card.

PCI's maximum transfer rate is 133MB/s, AGP upto 2.1GB/s and PCI-E upto 16GB/s (1GB/s per lane). In your case the AGP interface is capable of upto 500MB/s.

What do you do on this machine?

Well I play games like The Sims 2, Quake 3 Arena and UT 2004. Also I listen to music using Windows Media Player and go online to view websites and using messengers like Yahoo IM or AIM. Also I goto Youtube and watch videos. I usualy play older games on this PC since newer ones of cource will not work.

But I guess I could ask this but am I right that basicaly I can't add any new AGP video card right? Meaning if I wanted to add a new video card then it has to be PCI? Since if that's the case as I said before the AGP onboard card must be the best since it's not PCI.

I do take very good care of my stuff so even this machine is 8 years old it still looks and works good as new. I got this machine right when Windows XP came out. So it was around end of 2001.

Wow. Well there's nothing wrong with XP Pro. I'm using it on the rig in my sig.

Yea. You can't add an AGP graphics card and there's no point in adding a PCI GPU. So it's stick or full upgrade.

Ok. Whats the performance like when playing those games?

Well I acutaly have Windows XP Home with SP3 now and all of the critical updates of cource and the latest drivers.

Now about the games I of cource can't have the settings on high but they play fine. I have the graphic settings on normal for Quake 3 Arena and on lower settings for UT 2004 and for The Sims the lowest it can go. I think performance is alot more important than have highest graphic settings since I want to play the games well.

Back when I got this machine it costed $450 so it was a great deal. It might of been $400 can't remember.

$400-$450 has done you well to last nine years without an upgrade i'd say.

Spend that again on upgrade parts and you'd have a nice machine.

uATX motherboard, CPU, RAM and PSU...

Well I usualy do my best to keep my system running untill it doesn't work anymore like if the motherboard goes bad. Other parts I can just replace like CDROM and memory, hard drive etc. I really like this machine just was thinking to upgrade the the memory to the max meaning 512mb. Right now I have 256mb. I did add another 128mb years agao since this machine only came with 128mb. I mean 128mb works fine on XP but 256mb made it better. Now if I add 512mb probley it would even be alot better. Also right now I have no way of buying a new machine so eather way even if I wanted to I can't buy one. But I want to keep this machine until the motherboard goes bad. Then maybe by then I have more money to buy a new budget desktop again.

You will be surpprised but all of the stickers are still there on the tower like the specs and saying it's a Celeron processor etc.

Here are some pics of the machine.

Picture.jpg

Picture036.jpg

Picture034.jpg

Picture033.jpg

True.

I need more than 300MB RAM to boot into my internet install. My Audio production install is a lot more streamlined but I need the power to run the app's I use.

It's on-par with the laptop i'm using right now.

I guess I was wondering about this but what would happen if I had installed a GeForce FX 5000 series video card that is PCI? I would assume that it won't be good as the AGP card though. I would assume any PCI cards will be worse than the AGP that I have.

Btw I hope you guys in a way are not making fun of me since I don't have money and that I like to keep my machine.

Back
Top Bottom