Site's gone terribly slow

Re: Sites gone terribly slow

Well considering VB is a pretty cool program it does need some attention once in a while. In the ACP at the bottom of the functions list is Maintenance. That has all the functions for running a smooth setup. Repair and Optimize Tables is one I run on my site once a month with out fail. That keeps the database neat and tidy and running smoothly. The rest of the functions under Update Counters needs to be run on a forum of this size and age at least once a week. All but the one that says don't unless you really have to. The rest update posts and threads and things of that nature.
It's not a fire and forget type of software. It needs a little TLC once in a while.

From what I can see, it looks like it depends on where you live or it could be inconsistent at best.

It's fine here, but I did see slowdowns before.

Re: Sites gone terribly slow

Well considering VB is a pretty cool program it does need some attention once in a while. In the ACP at the bottom of the functions list is Maintenance. That has all the functions for running a smooth setup. Repair and Optimize Tables is one I run on my site once a month with out fail. That keeps the database neat and tidy and running smoothly. The rest of the functions under Update Counters needs to be run on a forum of this size and age at least once a week. All but the one that says don't unless you really have to. The rest update posts and threads and things of that nature.
It's not a fire and forget type of software. It needs a little TLC once in a while.

It's not database related. I tried loading "http://computerforums.org/images/Forum_logo.jpg"... White screen for about 30 seconds, then it suddenly appeared. I think it was Apache related.

It's fine now.

Back
Top Bottom