AMD or Intel

AMD. price-to-performance ratio is superb! plus ive broken many cheapo plastic intel stock coolers.

who wants to waste $1000 on a cpu anyway?

AMD Just Because:
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 3.2GHz Processor £242.77
Intel Core i7 980x Extreme Gulftown 32nm 6 Cores 3.33GHz 12MB Cache 130w Retail £751.00
Now Ok I Must Agree The Intell Dose Have 0.13 GHz More And 6MB More Cache But Look At The Price Diffrance. So what your actualy doing is paying£508.23 for 6mb extra cache and 0.13 extra GHz its pointless.

^ That's an ignorant view. Anyone who's looked at both architectures could tell you that Intel is much faster per clock than AMD is.

Hahaha it used to be the same back before we had the Core architecture. AMD Athlon 64s all ran at a slower clock speed than their Intel counterparts, but were faster per clock than the Pentiums.

Oh how times have changed...I still laugh a bit when I think about the Prescott core.

The definition of inefficient. They ran hot, consumed a lot of power, had high clocks, and they were still slow.

Agreed. That's like saying one car is faster than another because the speedometer goes higher, and the gastank is bigger.

Haha, actually the speedometer usually does give you an idea of the capabilities of a car in general. Nothing specific, but if the car is capable of faster speeds the speedometer will go higher than regular cars.

Back
Top Bottom