I did it

Tommy Boy

Golden Master
I just ordered Windows 7 Pro from Amazon.com for $200. I'm definitely ready to dump Vista and move on to better things!

I'm sure you'll like Windows 7 Tommy. I have been using it since the final beta release without any problems at all. It's much nicer than Vista.

What kind of issues?

Well, I have not seen these issues on other peoples' systems, but the main problems are that it cannot wake up from sleep mode, it keeps losing my product key somehow (?!), gaming performance took a giant hit (not because of newe version of DX.), my sound profiles keep getting screwed up, drivers being dropped after it goes into sleep/screensaver, spontaneous IP renewals, freaking out every time I change anything in the BIOS, the time zone changing itself, mouse failures (I have to unplug and plug it back in way too much), WDDM fighting with catalyst every time I try to update, constant nag screens even when I disabled them, random lag, and losing application settings after reboot.

All of these issues have persisted after multiple reinstalls. I have tested every piece of hardware in that system, and there is nothing wrong with it.

Hopefully, I just have a bad disc or something, because this is worse than any other OS that I have used, even vista, ME, W95.

You'll love Windows 7...so much to discover, and it's a well built OS. I was working on a Vista machine, and I can see the stability and reliability difference.

I am running 7 Pro 64-bit...and let me tell you something...it's worth it all!

Back
Top Bottom