Random Chit Chat

Lol yeah they are heavy... It does not take nearly as much as most people would think to hold them up though. My 55 gallon is supported by 1/2 inch particleboard, and my 135 is supported by 1x2" boards every 10 inches in the back and sides. The front only has one major support, so it is a 2x2. The rest is decorative.

It's only six feet long...

I paid about $350 for it, I do not remember the number exactly. Materials for the stand were about $200, and I do not even know what I paid for all the accessories and decor. It took about 200 pounds of gravel to coat the bottom.

I keep large cichlids and Oscars, but I want a big saltwater tank sometime soon. It was nearly impossible to keep a 10 gallon one maintained.

only six feet, I thout it was waay longer!

yeah the decor and plant life, accessories etc can build up money fast

When I get my own place, I am gonna build a large reef tank. I am thinking something 1500-2500 gallons. It just has to be a house or first story so the floor does not collapse.

But that is in the distant future...

only six feet, I thout it was waay longer!

yeah the decor and plant life, accessories etc can build up money fast

Not really that expensive. Best guess would be $300 because I bought the pump on sale, and all gravel out of the clearance at petsmart.

Haha. And I though computers were an expensive hobby...

Well, I FINALLY got everything sorted out for the rig as to where I needed things place. This radiator is a monster! (note, it's not a MONSTA). I really, really, really wish I had a nice hole-saw so I could finish the front panel. I wasn't willing to pay the 40 dollars True-Value wanted for the el-cheapo blade and chuck. I'll head off to HD or Lowes soon. Koolance had a bit of an issue with the website so I've had 150 dollars in limbo since Friday. Unfortunately, that order had the 470 block and all the fittings I needed in it. I need to wait until to money gets refunded to give it another go.

It's gonna be a tightly packed case. I am still very surprised the case hasn't collapsed at any attempt to even pick it up. I've removed just about every main structural strap, and the whole case itself weighs well over 50 pounds now.

Pics coming soon.

I wouldn't quite say that. If I had too much, I'd be be knocking off world records with k|ngp|n and Shamino.

Back
Top Bottom