overclocking nightmare

justinups

In Runtime
when you fry something from overclocking dose it just fry the part you are overclocking or the mobo and ram as well?

i was working with the cpu and it wont turn back on even after i reset the cmos.since i wasent messing with the ram could it still be good.

Sounds like you should have done some more research. Did you mess with any voltages? That's the killer if you crank them too high.

sometimes just resetting the cmos doesn't work, my suggestion would be to not just reset the cmos but clear it, unplug the plug from the back of the psu, open up your computer, then take out the battery on the motherboard and leave it out a few minutes, then put it back in and plug the computer back up, then it should be set back to default settings...

i have did that it makes no sound when you turn it on.i will do it agine just to make sure.could the bios be corrupted it has dual bios. if you do manage to fry it dose it fry just the cpu or the mobo as well. i wouldn't think so .

in the bios i have set it to these setting before.

You have to almost deliberately try to fry something through overclocking to cause any kind of real damage.

Talk us through everything you did, usually a CMOS reset will fix things.

Back
Top Bottom