What's the difference?

LOL you clearly have never played oblivion with infinite view and scenery mods. It is unplayable on 1GB cards unless you have an uber low resolution. Other thn extreme cases though, I typically recommend 1GB for 1680x1050 or more, but there are more important things such as the memory type, bus width, clock speeds, etc.

Lol, I just stick to games w/o mods for the most part :p

I've heard Oblivion gets absolutely insane with hi res texture packs and scenery mods :p

All I know is that both my GTS250 and HD5770 can more than keep up with anything I throw at them :D

Lol What about X plane 9, ARMA II, Metro 2033, MS flight simulator X, lost planet (srsly optimization is dreadful) just the ones I can think of...

Btw larger monitor does not necessarily mean higher resolution. There are now 1920x1080 panels as small as 20 inches, but for 24 inch monitors, 1680x1050 is still common. Just an example... Other instances I can think of are CRTs (commonly go to 1600x1200) vs smaller LCDs (typically 1366x768 or similar) and there are also old LCDs which were often as low as 1024x768.

Never assume for this kind of thing, it is always best to just get the monitor's native resolution and go from there.

Lol What about X plane 9, ARMA II, Metro 2033, MS flight simulator X, lost planet (srsly optimization is dreadful) just the ones I can think of...

Btw larger monitor does not necessarily mean higher resolution. There are now 1920x1080 panels as small as 20 inches, but for 24 inch monitors, 1680x1050 is still common. Just an example... Other instances I can think of are CRTs (commonly go to 1600x1200) vs smaller LCDs (typically 1366x768 or similar) and there are also old LCDs which were often as low as 1024x768.

Never assume for this kind of thing, it is always best to just get the monitor's native resolution and go from there.

I've played X-Plane just fine with my GTS250 :S

ARMA II I've heard bad things about, so never played it. Never had an intrest in Metro 2033, and MS Flight Simulator X is expensive :p

I have been meaning to get lost planet on PC though, I enjoyed it for the Xbox.

And I have a 21.6" monitor that's 1920*1080 :p

Back
Top Bottom