AMD or Intel

i said amd, b/c i like the simplicity in memory controller/northbridge.

its much easier to tell which board uses CFire/SLI with AMD boards.
i like amd's integrated memory controller because it makes fsb much less confusing. lol. there's less multipliers/dividers/etc. lol. i guess i could learn intel's ways, but im too lazy.

Yep:D

AMD

I ve had so many problems with Intel CPUS >_> not bashing its performance my own personally experience and what the ab ove user agreed on

Definitely going with AMD because my group of friends got me into them. I finally built my first computer with an AMD Anthlon II X4 and I love it!
I am all for experimentation so I know in the future I'll try an Intel system but as of now it's all AMD.

As a life-long AMD fan, I have a confession to make...I now no longer run any AMD-powered computers. With my server (an Atom-based machine) and laptop (Core Duo) I didn't have a choice when buying, so I didn't really count them, but now my desktop is running a Core i7 860 (which cost me nothing) and I really do regret not making the move earlier. Everything just seems so much better overall this way, my only gripe being the way that Intel coolers are fitted to motherboards, but at least it's easy to align them the 'right' way instead of being stuck with AMD's retention system. I will definitely be taking Intel in to consideration more with any future builds. :)

If I recall the I7 930 has a turbo feature that brings it up to around 4.2 without overclock shredding the AMD's speed

The Intel "Turbo Boost" only comes into play when the multicore CPU is using two or less cores. It in no way "shreds" AMD's speed.

I looked it up on the "Fastest Single Core"...

AMD Single Cores gain 85% more power from a boost of 1ghz, and 35% from 200mhz.

Intel Single Cores gain 45% more power from a boost of 1ghz, and 7% from 200mhz.

/\ Seeing a differece, not only from PSM scores (2.8ghzADM: 698, 3.8ghzIntel: 675) but actually speed for power, I would go with the Amd thlon 64 FX-57.

Btw: A dual core will kick a singles butt in playing 6 games at once, but a single core will kick a duals in 1 game...

^ ummmm no. Most games are threaded for two cores nowadays, with many having four. Sure a 4GHz core 2 uno would beat a dual core atom, but in most cases (e.g. Equivalent CPU types) the dual core wins, even if it has much lower clocks.

I can try to dig up some old benches if you need.

I looked it up on the "Fastest Single Core"...

AMD Single Cores gain 85% more power from a boost of 1ghz, and 35% from 200mhz.

Intel Single Cores gain 45% more power from a boost of 1ghz, and 7% from 200mhz.

/\ Seeing a differece, not only from PSM scores (2.8ghzADM: 698, 3.8ghzIntel: 675) but actually speed for power, I would go with the Amd thlon 64 FX-57.

Btw: A dual core will kick a singles butt in playing 6 games at once, but a single core will kick a duals in 1 game...

You've been out of the game for a while, haven't you?

Back
Top Bottom