So im @ the library right now

Dang! My library has old dells with windows 2k/xp. All are p3/p4 computers with crappy CRTs that flicker like F'ing crazy.

They also put some ghetto software on them that is intended to kick you off after 30 minutes. Of course, it takes 30 seconds to get around it, but still it would be annoying as hell for a kid trying to do a school project.

I think my old HS has older versions of those. We used it for 3D like Maya. Took forever to render, but I assume it's because it's outdated. Also, since my old 3D teacher was a PC fanboy, he managed to replace all those Macs with HP workstations. I think my college also uses PC for 3D.

Is this a joke?!

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB

fail? They put a pos gaming card into their wokstations.

Edit: has to be a cruel joke... But it isn't.

NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB
2x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $150.00]
3x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $300.00]
4x NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 512MB [Add $450.00]
ATI Radeon HD 4870 512MB [Add $200.00]

and they charge like 200% markup on hard drives.

According to nVIDIAs specs sheet, the GT210 appears to be a rebrand of the DDR2 9500 GT.

Four of those is still epic fail. Get one GTX 260 and it would be more powerful. But still, at these prices, they should have workstation cards.

lol that backs up what i said.

if they were mid level sure, pos graphics cards could be expected.

but for the ridiculous amount they cost, mediocre components should be utterly out of the question.

surely you'd rather have one $450 card than 4x POS ones

haha lol well my college (sepearte art&design building) library has one crappy old computer. On the other hand my main site college/ HECollege has hundreads of good comps all with 19" monitors (I'm guessing it's because the HECollege is almsot University status)

You're kidding me, right? Have you seen the inside of a Mac Pro?

It's best to stay quiet when you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

A 9500 GT is mediocre, especially if it is being used for rendering. They should at least give some better options. A 4870 would be better, but it is still a gaming card, without any workstation optimizations.

One part can bottleneck the whole system...

Back
Top Bottom