corrupting disc

madanchi

Daemon Poster
hi, im just wondering but how can you corrupt a disc? So if you open the disc, all the files are corrupt/ damaged and are unable to work/ open

ahh niothing special, just testing if repair programs can repair any corrupt file off a cd, my friend needs extra time for something (luckily mine is due in 2 weeks time :D )

Uhmmm.. Ive never tried but probably if you force ejection of the CD while writing data on it (using a paperclip in the whole by the eject button and pulling open the tray)
Or writing data on a disk at a faster speed than the CD is meant for?

hmm yeah never thought of that, thanks ill get trying that tomorrow, too late now :p

If one of those 0's - 1's are not written correctly, or skipped, chances are a file won't play.

That is why burn programs offer the verify data after burning option, to check the check-sums of the files are the same to what was burnt.

Or put it in a Ziploc and nuke it for 5 secs-Though I think it completely destroys the data-not sure though, I never tried it.

Stick yer CD in a zipping food storage baggie, and stick it in the microwave for 5-10 secs. My grandpa taught me that trick.

Back
Top Bottom