xp-vista?

mas0nj0rdan

Beta member
OK, I had something wrong with my computer and deleted my anti virus (avg) and then i restart my computer and then every time i restarted it i would get this blue screen with white letters. I had a vista disk laying around and popped it in to install vista on there well after i installed it. It wont let me connect through WI-fi or through Ethernet why is this? It also says that the driver is not installed. what to do? what to do?

Could vista and the drivers not be compatible?

If this does not go here please move if possible.

^ A virus on a new install that's never been on the internet? Doubtful...

It sounds like you simply don't have the right drivers installed on the machine. Since those drievrs are for both of the network controlelrs, this is indeed a problem. :(

If it's an older machine that was made for XP, then it may have older, discontinued hardware. Since most people don't upgrade their OS, Microsoft may not have seen fit to include drivers for the old hardware in the newer OS. Did the computer come with any other disks? What model is it?

Do you know what kind of Wi-fi car you have?

If so, I'd check for drivers, as it does seem to not have the drivers installed.

What you can also do, is go in Device Manager (Righ-Click Computer and select Manage) and check to see if you have a yellow "?" with an "!" next to it. If there's one, and it mentions Ethernet controller, then that's your wi-fi car missing the driver.

You could try to update the driver via Windows update (Or so they call it) and it could find the driver in the database. If that doesn't work, and you don't know your wi-fi card, then you could download Everest Home and see if that recognises it.

You could also tell us your specs, or laptop model, if it concerns a laptop.

Back
Top Bottom