Does installing too much stuff on your computer make your computer slow?

TheNerdal

In Runtime
I am positive that installing a lot of stuff just takes up space on your hard drive and doesn't make your computer slow, right? Thanks.

Correct, just installing alot of programs won't slow it down. Having a large number of them active at start-up will as it takes up valuable resources.

Correct, just installing alot of programs won't slow it down. Having a large number of them active at start-up will as it takes up valuable resources.

Thank you! My sister thinks it slows the computer down that's why she hardly installs things. My mom wasted like $800 on the laptop and all she basically does is use the internet and Microsoft Office. Thanks.

As long as the hard drive isn't filled to capacity, it should be quite fine.

Also, keep startup programmes to a minimal. Start > Run > MSCONFIG. Or on Win Vista/7, Start > Search > MSCONFIG.

As long as the hard drive isn't filled to capacity, it should be quite fine.

Also, keep startup programmes to a minimal. Start > Run > MSCONFIG. Or on Win Vista/7, Start > Search > MSCONFIG.

Lol, I don't have Windows. I'm not a Windows Fan.

I sense the stuck up aura of a Mac OS X user. In that case, it should run even smoother than a Windows machine.

Nonetheless, a fanboy. ;)

Actually, I was just talking to RMS a week ago. :cool: He does not like Debian. :confused:

I use Ubuntu and what's a RMS? And yeah I am a fanboy of Apple. They make great products! I'm looking for a job and going to save up for a macbook pro to start my career.

Back
Top Bottom