Possibly the best political statement ever made...

On the illegal immigrant note, has everyone here heard about Arizona's new law that basically states 'we will enforce what already is law' so California is now giving the entire statethe silent treatment, New York is pissed, and there is a countrywide boycott of any travel there.

What the F is going on with the country nowadays. It is like the state governments are little whiny fighting children, and the national government is acting like everyone's nanny.

On the illegal immigrant note, has everyone here heard about Arizona's new law that basically states 'we will enforce what already is law' so California is now giving the entire statethe silent treatment, New York is pissed, and there is a countrywide boycott of any travel there.

What the F is going on with the country nowadays. It is like the state governments are little whiny fighting children, and the national government is acting like everyone's nanny.

because everyone in power seems to have political contributors, or friends, or relatives who are here illegally. including Obama.

so of course they dont want to enforce what is already law. then they wont get funding, or support.

its all about money.

I have missed quite a few posts in this thread, but I wanted to focus on English speaking in the US and freedom of speech.

Everyone has the freedom of speech, but in order for people to understand you, you'll need to learn the country's main language. If you speak Russian to an English speaking guy about something you might not like, how can he understand you?

Illegal immigrants are a problem. They want in, but if they get refused, for X or Y reason (Valid ones, of course), then that's because they can cause trouble over the new country, or could have some legit issues to transfer. But, they force in, make new IDs and their old country can have them missing.

That's a whole lot of trouble for no good reason.

I honestly don't understand why so many people have a problem with Spanish speakers. We share a continent with several countries full of them...it's inevitable that there will be a few here. Europeans seem to have no problems with this type of thing...why should we?

I do agree that they should probably learn a bit of English for their own sake, and I do disagree with illegall immigration, but the 15% or so legals/natives that speak it have every right to do so.

I've missed the latter part of this thread but I just wanted to pop by and say that a lot of these non-English speakers (in my area, to generalize, it would be Hispanics/Latinos) also do the jobs that none of us would ever want to do. Whether they be legal or illegal citizens, they do their jobs and most are hard workers. I genuinely feel for these people. So instead of ostracizing them, maybe we should empathize a little more. I know that I would never be able to do many of the jobs they do. Not because I'm better than them in ANY sense, but because I just couldn't handle it. I can honestly tell you right now that if we got rid of every non-English speaking person who held a job (either legally or under the table), this country would fall apart very quickly.

Also, why is it that we always have to point out the f-in bad sh*t? Why can't people create threads and make discussion about the good things people do and whatnot. That is why I hate--and therefore do not watch--the news.

Me, I would do the stuff no one else will do with the illegal immigrants. It's capitalism in it's purist. If they are hard working, I frankly don't care where they come from.

I find it ironic that the people against immigration are usually capitalist. Without capitalism, there would be no immigrants.

Back
Top Bottom