Need a ridiculous new part...

foothead

Omnicide now.
My motherboard only supports four pcu express slots, which angers me because i want to run every gpu ever made in the same system. Lol j/k but i do want seven.

Anyway, what i need is an adapter that can take a pci express signal, and divide it up between multiple pci express slots. Two would be the most effective, as the cards would be able to run at x4 which is pretty standard. If not, then i would like one that divides it from x4 into 4 x1s. If anything nonstandard (ex. X2) works, then it is fine by me as well.

I do not know that This exists, but one with three x1 slots does for sure, and i see no reason for one with more bandwidth.

Yes i know i am crazy.

Edit: x4 to 4x x1... Located. http://www.amfeltec.com/products/x4pcie-splitter4.php

I do not understand the goal of this. Don't you need a x16 slot for most video cards to be effective?

I do not understand the goal of this. Don't you need a x16 slot for most video cards to be effective?

I want to fold on this setup. Foldig is just as effective at x1 as x16 because there is very little communication with the GPU.

Also, it takes a very powerful card to require x16 2.0. The only card that is significantly bottlenecked by x8 is the 5970.

Remeniz: that does not actually divide the signal. It is nothing more than three risers glued together. X1 risers do look good so i dont need to slice up my mobo though...

You obviously don't understand the extent of foothead's fetish for multiple GPU on GPU action.
Apparently not @_@
I want to fold on this setup. Foldig is just as effective at x1 as x16 because there is very little communication with the GPU.

Also, it takes a very powerful card to require x16 2.0. The only card that is significantly bottlenecked by x8 is the 5970.

Remeniz: that does not actually divide the signal. It is nothing more than three risers glued together. X1 risers do look good so i dont need to slice up my mobo though...

Ah. Why the obsession with F@H though? Just because you have the parts laying around?

I didn't say 2.0 :eek:

Ah. Why the obsession with F@H though? Just because you have the parts laying around?

It's my contribution to help those that use my folding results to understand serious illnesses and who knows one day I, and many others, might benefit from the medication developed via F@H.

The other incentive to do it is the score boards full of many other folders that donate their CPU/GPU cycles.

The folding farms i've seen are crazy, like 10's of thousands of points per day!

Why not share the GPU's across a few, or 3, motherboards?

It's my contribution to help those that use my folding results to understand serious illnesses and who knows one day I, and many others, might benefit from the medication developed via F@H.

The other incentive to do it is the score boards full of many other folders that donate their CPU/GPU cycles.

The folding farms i've seen are crazy, like 10's of thousands of points per day!

Why not share the GPU's across a few, or 3, motherboards?
The amount it costs to power those GPUs.

Back
Top Bottom