Video Card???

Turn just the monitor off for 2-3 mins then turn on.

When the screen goes blank go up close to the screen and look very closely to see if you can still see the faint image.

If doing the above gives a negative then it will be a GPU problem.

My motherboard, MSI K9N2 SLI Plantinum also has video. Should I try this to eliminate or confirm the GPU problem? If so, all I do is take out the old card and plug the monitor into the mobo socket? Do I need to delete video card drivers? If I install the GPU again I read there is some special process where you delete drivers, run some software and then install drivers again. Should I do this too? If so, what is the software?

Thanks for any help!

Kisses - Larisa

I've been looking at new video cards. I want an ATI this time if I buy a new one. Anything out there for $100-$120? Or the equivalent of what I have, Nvidea 9600GT?

How about this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1296&cm_re=ati_radeon-_-14-161-296-_-Product? Probably overkill, what do you think?

My motherboard, MSI K9N2 SLI Plantinum also has video. Should I try this to eliminate or confirm the GPU problem? If so, all I do is take out the old card and plug the monitor into the mobo socket? Do I need to delete video card drivers? If I install the GPU again I read there is some special process where you delete drivers, run some software and then install drivers again. Should I do this too? If so, what is the software?

Thanks for any help!

Kisses - Larisa

How about this, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...1296&cm_re=ati_radeon-_-14-161-296-_-Product? Probably overkill, what do you think?

That's a fantastic card, but unless you're gaming it is a bit overkill.

Well now this is interesting.

Whenever I closed out my IE8 browser, it would say something like, it didn't close properly. Then when I used it the next time it would say go to home page or refresh last page. So I decided to uninstall IE8 and reinstall IE8. So I uninstalled IE8 but it wouldn't let me download IE8 because it said I had a higher version already installed. So I must of had IE8 installed twice and getting some sort of incompatibility issue.

I don't get the IE8 error anymore when I close it. Could this be my "video card" problem?

That's a fantastic card, but unless you're gaming it is a bit overkill.

That's what I thought. Right now I play WOW, LOTRO, and Aion.

Turn just the monitor off for 2-3 mins then turn on.

When the screen goes blank go up close to the screen and look very closely to see if you can still see the faint image.

If doing the above gives a negative then it will be a GPU problem.

I did this and didn't see any images, just a blank/black screen.

I tried everything everyone has told me to do, same problem. One thing I keep forgetting to mention is that when my screen goes black, I have to do 2 hard boots before I can get to the Vista sign on screen.

Is it time to cook my card?

Can anyone suggest a new card for me?

I was ready to cook my card and then I had a thought. I was having imcompatibilites problems with IE8 and Adobe Flash so I thought I would update my card and mobo drivers one more time. I think it is fixed! I've been playing LOTRO for over a half hour on high settings and no blackouts!!!

Kisses to all for the help - Larisa

Back
Top Bottom