Help with some hardware

ghost_florian

Solid State Member
I'm a first time builder and am having trouble figuring out what parts to get for my soon-to-be PC. I have a budget of about 750 pounds( I live in the uk) and have made up a list of what I would like to buy.

Intel i5-750 Quad Core Processor

Asus 1156 P7P55D S/L motherboard

Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz

WD Caviar 1TB 64MB cache hard drive

Saphire Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E graphics card (haven't decided on this one yet)

750 W Power supply(haven't decided on the brand, but I'll probably get a medium-priced one)

I'm having trouble finding a case, because I don't know what form factor I have to choose. Can you please help me decide and maybe post a few links so I know what I should be looking for ?
I chose the specs so that it would last a couple of years( futureproof-ing) and be capable of doing just about anything(including some decent gaming). Do you have any other suggestions as to what parts I could change?

Thanks a lot !

I'm a first time builder and am having trouble figuring out what parts to get for my soon-to-be PC. I have a budget of about 750 pounds( I live in the uk) and have made up a list of what I would like to buy.

Intel i5-750 Quad Core Processor

Asus 1156 P7P55D S/L motherboard

Corsair 4GB DDR3 1333 Mhz

WD Caviar 1TB 64MB cache hard drive

Saphire Radeon HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E graphics card (haven't decided on this one yet)

750 W Power supply(haven't decided on the brand, but I'll probably get a medium-priced one)

I'm having trouble finding a case, because I don't know what form factor I have to choose. Can you please help me decide and maybe post a few links so I know what I should be looking for ?
I chose the specs so that it would last a couple of years( futureproof-ing) and be capable of doing just about anything(including some decent gaming). Do you have any other suggestions as to what parts I could change?

Thanks a lot !
It all looks good so far :)

As for case, any ATX or mid-ATX case will suit you just fine. I recommend the CMStorm Scout case

Basic computing, some video/photo editing and gaming. But I want it to be decent in a few years time as well.
I want a high quality video card for smooth gaming

Seems pretty nice. But are there other alternatives on the intel side which don't require triple-channel memory ?
By the way, nice website you recommended. Didn't know about it :D

It's way to expensive for my budget, and the extra money spent won't give me too much of an utility. I can upgrade the graphics card later on if I feel the need.
I could shave off some money by going for a cheaper case and a cheaper psu, and it could all add up to ~700 pounds, which is way better than the >1000pounds + 0 possibilities of expansion big brands offer.

Back
Top Bottom