Is an Alienware laptop good for college?

Well, IDK either on those lenovos, the new ones suck bad, but most of the early 2000's Thinkpads are pretty reliable. The think vision was the first PC Laptop to have a color screen. It is buggy as gateway and HP combined in 1 minute. The tablet Toshibas with the fold around screens are fairly reliable, but most only have PIII's. HPs are crap, no doubt. HP is better off building thier awesome laser jet printers... I have some IBM kayboards from 1983, the only problem is that they don't have a windows key!!!

Over all, there are a good few in all the bad bunches, powerbok 160's, G3's, R&T 31-60's, MX series, Portege tablet series, Travelmates, & a few laditudes are even good...

^ Speaking of Dell, some of the XPS models are really pretty cool. They use magnesium for the chassis/lower casing and back of the lid. It looks like plastic, but it's not. Asus has a few like that as well, I believe. I loved my M1210's design, though it had a problem with a mismatched heatsink revision. That thing to this day has the best trackpad and mouse button feel that I've ever used, Macbooks included. They also managed to stuff a 2GHz C2D, Centrino chipset, and a Geforce Go 7400 into a 12" case, and give it 5-6 hours of battery life. Not bad for an '06 design.

Well, IDK either on those lenovos, the new ones suck bad, but most of the early 2000's Thinkpads are pretty reliable. The think vision was the first PC Laptop to have a color screen. It is buggy as gateway and HP combined in 1 minute. The tablet Toshibas with the fold around screens are fairly reliable, but most only have PIII's. HPs are crap, no doubt. HP is better off building thier awesome laser jet printers... I have some IBM kayboards from 1983, the only problem is that they don't have a windows key!!!

Over all, there are a good few in all the bad bunches, powerbok 160's, G3's, R&T 31-60's, MX series, Portege tablet series, Travelmates, & a few laditudes are even good...

I have an HP, and it's great. Not a single problem with it.

As for the IBM keyboard, I'm using a model M2 right now. Just push CTRL+ESC. Tada, instant windows key :p

Back
Top Bottom