What are 3D options?

I watched some 3D golf on our 2D tv and it renders two side by side images as one image. if this is the case, then what you wanna do is cut it exactly in half, the put the left and right channels into a stereo player.

They may make it a ton easier for you and have them pre-separated as different files. Idk, but the player outputs it as both frames spanned together.

You can use handbrake to rip blu-rays, but the copy protection changes all the time, so you may or may not be able to break it.

Btw you have to buy the blu ray for this to be legal. ;)

oh, i plan on buying blu ray Avatar as it is so lol
If im buying a movie, its really worthy haha

is there just like, a program u can put the ripped copy into an just be like, Shazam! its in 3d? because i hate having to go through all kinds of crap for something simple.

besides, i jacked them 3d glasses from the movie theator when i saw Avatar in 3d lol

Sorry, those will not work. The ones from the movie theatre work via polarized light stereo. It uses opposite polarizations to cause one eye to see the image from one projector, the other to see the image from the other projector. The only computer monitor itnis compatible with is the iz3d one, whixh is actually two polarized monitors in a sandwich. It is also branded as zalman.

Your cheap options are to buy some cheap shutter glasses on ebay or tongo with anaglyph (yellow/blue or red/cyan). Neither option will work very well for long term use, but you could definitely watch a movie with anaglyphs. As dar as shutter glasses at 60Hz, idk. It will be flickery as hell.

Best options are iz3d/zalman monitor or a 100Hz + monitor with geforce 3Dvision.

Blu-ray through a HD 4800 card looks absolutely beautiful. It owns the best players in quality. Afaik, the only way you can beat it is with a HD 5000 or anything with CUDA conversion. Yep, NV won on that front lol.

Blu-ray through a HD 4800 card looks absolutely beautiful. It owns the best players in quality. Afaik, the only way you can beat it is with a HD 5000 or anything with CUDA conversion. Yep, NV won on that front lol.

haha yeah, its like, pure sex though a 4850. OWNS my onboard HD3200 chip haha. Especially DVI-HDMI without a dongle.

i remember trying to play a HD clip on a 7600GS, i was SO PO'd over that lol.

and its good someone else finally understands that a 4800 card and a cheep blu ray drive will OWN a 300$ blu ray player haha. People give me funny looks when i say my PC plays them better then a regular player.

my dad finally admited that he could see a difference between DVD and BD a few weeks ago when we rented Zombieland on BD an watched it on my Vizio. An hes sooooo stubborn when it comes to being proven wrong lol

Wow really? Picture quality owns. So does the audio if you use the hdcp function of the card into your reciever.

The problem right now seems to be support though. For people like you and me, who have no problem dealing with issues, it is great. For someone who freaks the hell out because they think everything you have to download is infected with a virus, it would not work out so well...

lol this is true. People are afraid to learn.
Im trying to get my dad to let him put together a cheepo HTPC for like 350$ if he'll have it.

But i dont use the hdcp
adfad.jpg

i have an Spdif out for audio built into my mobo. Nice little feature i must say.

Ahhh my htpc has an ecs mobo so no s/pdif. Then my asus mobo has s/pdif but the receiver in my room doesn't. :(

lol i hate things like this.

i remember concincing my dad to turn hid P4 rig into a htpc. Then he keeps adding like $10 to the budget every time i talk to him about it. We ended up with a phenom 9600 and a 4850 x2 2GB with 4GB of RAM, a 1.5 TB 7200 rpm hdd, and a bd/dvd-rw combo drive.

Lol a month before it was gonna be a 2.4 GHz P4 system that takes 12 minutes to boot. I guess i am an epic negotiator. :D.

You just be sure to get a passive cooled GPU. I had to mod the hell outta the x2 cooler so it did not drive us insane.

Back
Top Bottom