Post Your Dream Computer Here!

Also- this is no offense, I just don't see why people go overkill on the top stuff while the middle stuff might just out perform it in cost - effectivness...

AWESOME COMP THOUGH!!!!

its a dream comp, it doesnt matter if it's overkill :p

^ I saw a laptop like that a while back but it could not make it past the BIOS.

My dream system would be a quad opteron mobo with four magny cours CPUs, all clocked at about 4GHz on swiftech apogee xt blocks, with 16x4GB ddr3 1600 MHz sticks, four ef6 2GB HD 5870s on water at 1100/1600, with a GTX 480 on water at 900/1500 for physx, an adaptec 5455 RAID card controlling twelve 1TB SSDs in RAID10, and a mountain mods extended ascension case. As far as psu... I guess the 1600 watt ultra x4 would be enough power, right? I would also have six 30 inch apple monitors, all six running off apple active dp to dvi converters.

Basically the most overkill system that is currently possible.
Does such a motherboard exist? 4CPU Sockets and 6PCI-E Sockets is quite a lot of sockets - Also, any Opteron-based motherboard would be server/workstation orientated, and would probably not have 6 PCI-E Sockets anyway :p

My new folding rig will own:

ecs a790gxm-ad3
cheap ahtlon ii hopefully unlocked
gamexstream 1010w x2
160GB seagate 7200.9
2GB ddr3
el cheapo case

now here is where it gets interesting...

The 18 available pci express rails will be split into ten x1 slots. Each slot will contain a g92 based card that i intend to buy over a fairly long period of time. The pci slots will each eventually contain a 9500 gt.

Twelve GPUs in all, assuming all cards are single gpu, thriteen if the IGP counts.

I believe that is a record for a standard desktop board.

i sure hope you do make it.
because i have a personal Vendetta when it comes to Folding, an they use that stuff to hopefully find cures to cancers an such.
an well... extremely close person is sick with cancer right now.

if i didnt have to pay my electric, id leave my CPU/GPU folding go 24.7

I have already started stockpiling parts for it. I have a feeling it will be something that is gonna change quite a bit before it is done tho. It was originaly gonna be two G80s and a sempron lol. I think the new plan is more effective.

And yeah, my aunt had cancer, and my neighbor died of it, it is just such a horrible feeling.

Back
Top Bottom