Y'know what really grinds my gears thread

More things that grind my gears:

infomercials that always state a high price so they can lower it later
Surround sound recievers that never have a ground. I do not like scraping paint off so I can ground it myself.
Dells that have the inverted BTX form factor, on the wrong side of the case. It makes no sense
when a CRT or something else is making a high pitched whine and nobody else hears it
CRTs at 60Hz. They look flickery as hell.
People who are epic iPhone fanboys. It sucks in reality.
Apple propoganda that says that flash is just evil.
The way all mac users now refer to Windows as 'PC.' noobs too.
When you buy a desktop and it turns out to have laptop parts in it.
People who say that fish are not animals, or they have no feelings. It always bugs me when I see a fully grown Tiger Oscar in a 10 gal. Tank.
People (politicians especially) who try to force their religious morals on everyone.
The way that 16:9 is the standard aspect ratio for TVs. It is supposed to be more like 2.4:1. This looks quite a bit better for movies.
Batteries. I never have the ones I need.
Stupid people who buy macs thinking they are superior (hardwarewise) to Windows computers. One of my friend posted a pic of a new apple laptop on facebook with the title 'I'm a mac...' Of course I responded with a picture of my triple monitor setup, saying 'i'm a pc and your mac just cried a little.' lol idk why that stuff bugs me so much but it does.
720p. It just looks bad. It isn't even a standard resolution.
All the people who are pissed at Arizona for passing a law basically saying 'we will enforce what is already the law.'

Arrg!

Y'know what really grinds my gears..

When people misuse eBay categories to increase their product views.

I filter eBay to show me 'just' ATI graphics cards, not nVidia cards too. Since when does a BFG NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT OC 512Mb PCIe 2.0 card use an ATI chip?!?

For freak sake!

It bugs me a he'll of a lot more when some idiot decides to list the same crappy accessory 300 times, all under the wrong category. A dvi cable is not a monitor.

I hate it when you give an inch and they take a mile!

I wouldn't mind normally but it's a freaking family member!

Maybe if I FO she'll realise how much he's taking the Michael.

I have a 720P TV, and wish that I had gotten a 1080P, but it is still an improvement over an upscaled DVD on my 37 inch Panny, as I tested Avatar with the setup the other day.

As for the 16:9 TV scaling; it annoys me when you sit down to watch a DVD or a Blu Ray film, and there are black bars. There really shouldn't be.

Avatar is the only film I have seen recently that has an aspect ratio suited for these TV's, offering full screen playback on a 16:9 screen.

In Europe, there are a couple TVs with 2560x1080 resolution. I really want one in 120Hz.

I hate 720p for a couple of reasons. First because it is not a set resolution, so. 1024x768 plasma can be claimed as 720p. This just looks terrible IMO. Then there are the TVs that are like 50 inches at 720p. These will look really bad compared to a 1080p one, and they have epically terrible screen door effect in most cases.

Yeah I agree with that. I believe my Panasonic 720P screen downstairs is a 1024x768 model, and not a standard 1280x720 model

Yeah, there is a 55 inch TV at work now which is 1080P, and LED backlighted, with 3D functionality (true 120hz, as opposed to minimizing motion blur). Only £2000 odd... haha

If I was gonna buy a huge TV, mitsubishi C9 DLP for me. It comes in 82 inches, 120 Hz, 3D ready, etc. And is cheap as hell compared to lcds. I actually like the picture of a DLP better than an LCD, once it has been calibrated well.

Btw another thing that grinds my gears: the epic laggy typing on on an iPhone. I actually have to paus between every sentence to let it catch up with me.

Oh more iPhone issues with typing: it always cuts off the first letter I type, it autocorrects hell to he'll and its to it's, and it will not accept them no matter how many times I use the words. I have also has it autocorrect a few random words to cuss words. Not good, apple. Why can I not type 'slitting'?!

Lol I also cannot type 'skit' or 'puck.'

WTF?!?!

Can't you turn auto correct off? If not, thats stupid in itself.

Plus, I guess its right when they say on advertisements "Sequence Shortened" :p

Back
Top Bottom