California trying to ban the happy meal toy

People come up with these retarded 'solutions' all the time. A while back, one state tried to make it illegal for any restaraunt owner to serve anyone if they were over a certain weight. Another example is new York trying to ban all salt in restaurants, even having salt at the table. You need to have salt in your diet, but they do not care about that fact. This will be very bad if it passes.

Personally I do not see this idea of banning the toy as causing any further harm than is already being done by the irresponsible parenting , its just that i do not think it is an extensive enough soloution to the problem more needs to be done on educating the parents but removing a marketing stratergy that advertises fast food to kids for me is not such a bad thing .

Id rather they not ban the toy and educate the parents but seeing as that isnt something thats on the agenda at least banning the toy can bring this issue to light

Seriously, I've never seen a goverment get to ban a freakin' toy, let alone the happy meal. Is it too hard to just make a healthier package and keep the toy? Geez :rolleyes:

This may or may not be a bad thing for mcdonalds.. They don't have to manufacture as many toys for happy meals any more and will come up with a new idea like stamping applyable tatoos on the hamburger buns or something

Back
Top Bottom