Still don't believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, this might prove that there was an Ark but is it logical to come to any further conclusions?

Sure, this might prove that there was an Ark but is it logical to come to any further conclusions?

No. Apparently there are quite a few shrines in te shape of arks built on these mountains, to honor Noah or something.

Btw I found that what they carbon tested to 4800 years was a piece of straw, not wood from the 'ark.' straw would be among the easiest things to fabricate in order to make it appear to be much older. Tests on the actual wood are showing it to be Way newer.

The plot thickens...

Previous expeditions have also come back from Mount Ararat with evidence of Noah's ark. French explorer Fernand Navarra found a five-foot section of the ark that was originally dated at 5,000 years old, though later shown to be only 500 to 750 years old.

again, suggesting a shrine of some sort. I think if this was an ark of such massive proportions, they would show more evidence than a tiny compartment in which a man cannot even stand up straight.

http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Global-Issues/2010/0428/Doubt-cast-on-Noah-s-ark-found-in-Turkey link.

This. The world would actually be better off without it.

As far as the op, just because they found a wooden structure on a mountain does not make it noahs ark. It is most likely a shrine. There are a number of these in turkey, built to resemble noahs ark. Also, the first carbon dating came back as 4800 years. Every other attempt to verify this has showed more like 1800. This also backs up the shrine theory.

Would be better off? Its a belief. People can believe what they want...

They think its Noahs Ark but they don't know for sure.

How would we be better off with out it? I could easily say "We could be better off without Evolution" But I respect what people believe. I like it when people come to assumptions...I am not saying Christianity is right. But people need to actually do research instead of just blowing it off. I am not trying to rip on foot. Just a friendly discussion. :p

Religion causes people to do ridiculous things. It has caused numerous wars, terrorism, genocide, serial murders, etc. I personally think that if there was never any religion, the world would be a very different, most likely more peaceful, place.

Ok, this is my one and only post in here to get my views out.

I find religion to be a weird thing. Every religion has 4 groups of believers (5 if you count non-believers). The semi's (go to church once in a while but not every week by choice), true believers who live by the teachings, extremest who do radical things in the name of their god, and hypocrites (IE "Christian" groups denouncing other religions when their own religion preaches tolerance which happens a lot here in Milwaukee).

In this thread, I've seen all of the 4 above but the extremists. Me personally I don't believe but I do find the study of religion an interesting thing.

For a minute here let's assume the wood is old enough to be from the arc era. That doesn't mean anything. that piece of wood could be from some kind of building or tool. The sad part is, no one seems to be thinking of those possibilities. it must be part of the arc. I will not deny the possibility that it's part of the arc, but people need to start looking into other possibilities as well.

^ they tested straw, not the wood to get 4800 years. The wood is proving to be nowhere near as old. Numbers coming in are ranging from 1800-500 years old, but nobody has been able to confirm the 4800 years claimed.

^ they tested straw, not the wood to get 4800 years. The wood is proving to be nowhere near as old. Numbers coming in are ranging from 1800-500 years old, but nobody has been able to confirm the 4800 years claimed.

I know, that's why I said to assume it was for a minute. I just wanted to point out other possibilities.

Ok, this is my one and only post in here to get my views out.

I find religion to be a weird thing. Every religion has 4 groups of believers (5 if you count non-believers). The semi's (go to church once in a while but not every week by choice), true believers who live by the teachings, extremest who do radical things in the name of their god, and hypocrites (IE "Christian" groups denouncing other religions when their own religion preaches tolerance which happens a lot here in Milwaukee).

In this thread, I've seen all of the 4 above but the extremists. Me personally I don't believe but I do find the study of religion an interesting thing.

For a minute here let's assume the wood is old enough to be from the arc era. That doesn't mean anything. that piece of wood could be from some kind of building or tool. The sad part is, no one seems to be thinking of those possibilities. it must be part of the arc. I will not deny the possibility that it's part of the arc, but people need to start looking into other possibilities as well.

Those are extremist Evangelicals (They're wacky) . I'd never do something of the sort, forcing region on people is not what I believe. Back then there were a lot of more wars because people were a lot more religious back then than now. Think of the renaissance period. The thing that gets me is when people proclaim "The Theory of Evolution" is a fact, when well known its not actually been fully proven, and I don't say that Christianity is a fact either. Anyone get me?

It is not just them. Think of Israel and lebanon.

Another good example is the moslems. Thy have been fighting for thousands of years over religious differences.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom