Y'know what really grinds my gears thread

Interesting, I've never had an Nvidia driver issue in all the years I have been using them.

And I have never had one with ATI. I have had nVIDIA drivers optimize the crap out of games until they were ruined, and I have had a weird issue where PhysX causes insane frame drops (not hacked drivers, it was a nVIDIA only system). 3 fps is not playable imo.

I like Nvidia's drivers. I never liked the idea of having ATI having some extra stuff that doesn't seem to do much, unless you use it, of course ;)

I like them when they release a good set. It always seems like they're in such a hurry to release new drivers that they forget to actually put some effort and quality into them. Which is why I am hesitant to upgrade drivers anymore. The way I see it...You don't need to fix what isn't broken.

nVIDIA... The way it's meant to....BSOD

lol this actually happened to quite a few people a while back. I always lol'd at it.

Anyway, the problem with their drivers is precisely what Grant said. They are too rushed for a release, and do not fully test them. They should adopt ATI's once a month releases, with two weeks ahead for beta testing. This seems to be much more effective in getting bugs out by official release.

I have had quite a few very good nVIDIA drivers. Same with ATI, cat 9.12 was awesome. Too bad the newer versions have an epically confusing layout. If they had kept the old layout, their drivers would be a lot simpler to use. I think they just wanted to make them all nice and shiny like nVIDIA. I'm sure the kinks will be ironed out eventually, but for now, I have to google quite a bit to get them set up correctly.

LOL! I was just looking through an old folder and found some Nvidia drivers. The oldest is v.56.72 dated ‎April ‎03, ‎2004.

3.) All the ridiculous nutjob corporations (over 200 of them!) who are boycotting advertisement on fox news because they report more of the truth than any of the other news stations.

Do you really believe that?

Yes I do, and I know that you do not. I do not want to get into an argument over this type of thing.

The rest of the media seems to hold certain things back from the public. That is what I meant.

Back
Top Bottom