Y'know what really grinds my gears thread

I've been ranting a lot in this thread lately but Remeniz just reminded me of a big thing that grinds my gears more than anything. I have very poor eye sight and one of the side effects of this problem is that my eyes twitch randomly and it freaks people out. I get a look from just about everyone I make eye contact with that just screams WTF is wrong with you and I get it from just about everyone I encounter anyone from a cashier at a variety store to even in more professional situations like going to the bank or a government building to deal with paperwork. It really sickens me

There is a guy at the place I work with that has an eye that looks in a different direction.
I like to look at people when I spek to them, and look at them when they speak to me, it shows interest.

I was talking to this guy, and was looking at his face, then I noticed that one eye wa looking completely the opposite way, and in my mind I just started thinking, what on earth is going on with his eyes.

I wouldn't shout that at someone though, -that's just plain rude!

Another thing that grinds my gears...when people talk like this:

"I can't givew all my lovew to you sincew you arew not herew at thew moment...I lovew you baby..."

Okay...why, WHY the F'ing Ws after each word ending with E? That just sound silly...and personally, I find it annoying as crap....I'll rip out the freaking W out of their keyboards!

Also, as stated in GMod Idiot Box, it gets SUPER annoying when people say:
"wat is da name of the music in da creditz?"

or

"plz subscribe and thank you"

OCD rage time!!!!

Things that grind my gears:

1.) Everyone who claims that ATI has horrible driver issues. This is the most fanboy statement I have ever heard. nVIDIA has more, and their drivers have way less features.
2.) people on overclock.net who cannot comprehend the definition of 'active.' It isn't that hard.
3.) All the ridiculous nutjob corporations (over 200 of them!) who are boycotting advertisement on fox news because they report more of the truth than any of the other news stations.
4.) People who boycott companies for advertising on fox news. (google it)
5.) everyone who thinks the iPad is the newest evolution of computing and other such BS. It is a heavily revised, modernized apple newton.
6.) When you are listening to music and have to turn your phone off because it interferes with headphones so badly.
7.) People who make lists in their posts, complete with numbers. I am currently doing it in order to prove the point, though it is way more annoying when they are questions. OCD power!!!
8.) People who think that they know computers because they can work facebook.
9.) Best buy. they overprice everything, and ther sales reps fail. 8400 GS SLI will not max crysis, idiot.
10.) when you type a really long post, and safari on your iPhone crashes.
11.) Safari for iPhone. It crashes all the effing time, and my only other otpion is opera, which is not quite ready.
12.) The battery warning on iPhones. It warns you when you have 20% battery left, but not again after that point. very annoying.
13.) Phones that scream bloody murder every minute because you got a text.
14.) The way that apple failed in their phone design, so when the little silent switch dies, there is no way in hell you can override it. Then if you override it via hardware, you cannot silence the damn phone.
15.) Apple store 'geniuses.' I went in and asked if he knew of a supplier for the previously mentioned switch, and found myself in a sales pitch for getting a new 3Gs for the low, low price of $900.
16.) everyone who throws out their computer because it got a virus.
17.) People who do not know crap about technology, but when you try to help them, they believe they know everything.
18.) GM!!! Their new commercial is at the very least horribly, horribly deceptive, if not an outright lie. I find it somewhere between the two.
19.) The government trying to control everything in peoples' lives. They act more like babysitters than a government nowadays.
20.) Windows 7 fail installer. It cannot import your old documents for some reason. Even ubuntu has that feature.
21.) Windows 7 fail installer. It disables the GPU if your monitor goe into standby. After this, you have to ACPID and start over.
22.) Windows 7 fail installer. It crashes when you try to upgrade your copy of vista, rendering the installation useless. After this, you have to reinstall vista, then try again only to have the same crap happen.
23.) Windows 7 in general (notice a trend here?) It has ridiculous childish themes, and hogs resources like crazy.
24.) People who believe bose is actually a good value.
25.) Everyone who keeps playing the race card nowadays. If you want to be treated equally, then race should be completely irrelevant.
26.) Stupid people being elected to government positions. Case in point: Rep. Johnson who believes that overpopulation is going to cause Guam to 'tip over and capsize'
27.) Anyone who uses three commas in the place of one.
28.) People who use a question mark in place of the word 'question.'

LOL I will prolly think of more in a minute.

1 - Yes.
5 - More like a bigger iTouch. STILL with no flash, amiright?
8 - I know too many.
15 - Lolwut? Apple does not possess a single genius. 3 year olds can run Macs. But I find it funny saying that myself because I get lost whenever I use my friend's Mac. :confused:
17 - I know a lot of those, too.
18 - You paid for the ad and the airtime; Complain to GM's corporate.
19 - Yes.
23 - It's pretty good in my opinion. Surprisingly, I'm almost liking it more than XP.
24 - Not good value, but quality is RIGHT under MartinLogan's.
25 - Too many.
26 - Also too many.
27 - I only use two. Is that ok?
28 - I have a ? about that. 'Is it acceptable to use "?" if you're asking a simple ?'?

Hmm. . . I never heard anybody say that Windows 7 was a resource hog and ATI has had horrible driver problems. . .

I hear people complain about Catty 10.2 and 10.3 all the time. Nvidia's drivers are (were) so much worse. I haven't had a good driver set since 189.xx. Until now, 197.41. Hell, even 197.13 were glitchy and caused lag outs on older games. Seems like they finally got it worked out. The rest of 197.xx will be great. Then they'll go back to glitchy trash until 206.xx.

Hmm. . . I never heard anybody say that Windows 7 was a resource hog and ATI has had horrible driver problems. . .

Using over 1GB of memory on bootup is a resource hog.

And the ATI driver issue thing is a fanboy statement. All the nVIDIA people keep telling people not to buy ATI cards for this reason. All I do is point out nVIDIA's killer driver. ATI never screwed up nearly that bad. Still, they believe what they want to. lol. ATI has pretty much fixed all their driver problems. I have not heard of any issues with 10.4 yet, and 10.3 was pretty stable except for one bug.

I hear people complain about Catty 10.2 and 10.3 all the time. Nvidia's drivers are (were) so much worse. I haven't had a good driver set since 189.xx. Until now, 197.41. Hell, even 197.13 were glitchy and caused lag outs on older games. Seems like they finally got it worked out. The rest of 197.xx will be great. Then they'll go back to glitchy trash until 206.xx.

The 10.3 drivers did have an issue with dual monitors + overclocking via third-party software. This is now corrected in the 10.4.

This is the only widespread issue I have heard about lately. Everything else seems to be corrupt installs, user error, etc.

Depends on the GPU. TBH, I don't agree with Nvidia trying to cram support for EVERY GPU from 6 series and up into one driver. Why the hell do they even list cards for the search feature? It's all the same. Each GPU series should have it's own specialized driver package. The only problem I can see there is multi-GPU setups in non-SLI. Dedicated PhysX being the primary example. They're innovators, I'm sure they'd figure something out. It's just impossible to release a driver package and claim all the improvements that they do where it improves the game on one GPU and makes it unplayable on another.

Back
Top Bottom