Random Chit Chat

So to clarify...what all do you have in mind for doing? Just painting the case and sleeving cables?
I'm going to powder coat it white and sleeve the cables. I was going to do a whole bunch of upgrades and possibly a water cooling system, but all of that is extremely costly and won't go to good use.

Got bored and re-did my SATA power cables...

CIMG1452.jpg

edit: I'm not sure why I haven't taken those labels off the SATA cables, I'll do that now.

Are you sending the panels in, or powder-coating it yourself? The question is rhetorical for the most part, but I don't know whether you possess the machine and room to do this or not?

Are you sending the panels in, or powder-coating it yourself? The question is rhetorical for the most part, but I don't know whether you possess the machine and room to do this or not?
I'll be having it professionally done at a local shop. So I'm sending the whole thing in. I have to completely dis-assemble it first, which will take an insane amount of time. I have to drill out all of the rivets (well over 70), and hand all of the pieces that I want powder coated over to the guy at the shop. Once he's done I'll have to replace all of the rivets.

While the case is at the shop, I'll be sleeving my PSU. I'll probably have to reserve an entire day to that considering how tedious the process is.

That's how I did my Aluminus. Disassembled all the panels and painted. I, of course, then realized the case was painted black and the rivets...were bare aluminum.

Haha I messed up my order on mdpc-x (like I always do). I e-mailed Nils and he got right back to me and refunded my order. Turns out my order was really $72 :(. You get what you pay for though.

Just out of curiosity, I decided to calculate what the average MPH I can travel via bicycle if I were to go long distances.

I got a lousy 4.74 MPH. So it would take me a bit over 4 hours to get to work via bike. My work is 19.6 miles away.

This is me out of shape. If I exercise regularly, how much of an improvement could I make?

Here's an interesting question for you guys.

The minimum speed limit on an interstate is 45 mph. Basically, if your vehicle can sustain 45 mph, it is legal to be on the interstate.

Now, say the Hulk has got himself a bicycle, and can go 48 mph for sustained periods of time. Does this mean the hulk can ride his bike down the interstate?

Been bugging me for a while. There apparently are some people who can get to 45 on level surface, but sustaining it is a problem. Anyway, it does not really matter, I just wanna know.

Back
Top Bottom