Possibly the best political statement ever made...

I honestly don't give a crap where people are from or what language they speak as long as they aren't lazy and try. I've been working with foreigners since I was 15. A year and a half at Six Flags and three years at my current job. As long as they are hardworking, don't bother me. I'm white American that primarily speaks English. If I'm working with somebody that doesn't speak English, it's still not too difficult to communicate with each other. Maybe it's because I have good skills reading body movements and expressions. I'm hard of hearing so I don't only listen to what is said, but how things are said. I try to pick up those extra clues.

I work a mixture of Ecuadorans and Portuguese. So I hear Spanish, Portuguese, and English all day. Then a lot of the suppliers I deal with are all over the world. Germany, Holland, N Ireland, and Japan.

Ive been unemployed before , (currently am still technically but im in full time education now) Really the first few weeks it was fun or so i conned myself into thinking ,sitting around getting paid money for doing nothing seemed good at the age i was then maybe ive grown up since then realised that id much rather earn an honest living , but as the weeks went on the novelty wore off , i realised that i had nothing to look foraward too just another day the same sat around doing nothing , because whilst i got free money it was barely enough to survive off let alone enjoy the luxaries that people have when they get a job . My friends would be all going out for a drink i couldnt go because i had no money .
Personally i never wanna go back there its a pretty depressing existance
Id much rather flip the burgers and clean the toilets and that is experience speaking ive been there also

I personally will not sleep very well at night if that's all I did with my life.
that's my point, it's about self respect, and being able to live with yourself.

so dont sit there and lecture me like im some spoiled rich kid.
who said that you were some spoiled rich kid? I didn't, I didn't even allude to that, all I said is that personally I've never been out of work since I was 16, I've never wanted to be out of work, and that personally, I'd have been into McDonalds BEFORE signing on. I'll hopefully never know what it's like to sign on.

im sharing my experiences that i LIVED. major difference than just calling someone lazy.

and sure, mcdonalds is always hiring, i always say that too, but the point is. why clean bathrooms and flip burgers when u can play xbox all day for the same money if not more?
I wasn't calling you lazy, but if you want me to I will...

those who CHOOSE to live on benefits, as a way of life, those who think that they would only get the same by working so why bother putting in the effort, just let everyone else pick up the tab. those people are lazy.

if you KNEW that you COULD find employment, yet CHOSE to sit about in your underwear eating pizza and playing Xbox, knowing that your life was funded by other peoples hard work and simply not caring, then I find it difficult to call that anything other that free loading laziness.

im a hard worker. i just see what needs to be fixed with the system.

like i said. try it. see where your self respect goes when you get free money.
I'd like to believe that i was more principled than that, luckily I've never had to rely on state handouts, I was brought up to believe that if the worst should happen and I should find myself in dire straights then the state would be there to help me, but that is a last resort, not a lifestyle choice.

remember. i used to think everyone was a piece of crap that was on unemployment.
quite a few of my friends are on or have been on unemployment, due to difficulties in their lives both my brother and my dad have signed on, I know an awful lot of my friends live in council houses.

I don't see the people who have no choice but to request help as pieces of crap, or below me... (or anything like that)

i lived it. and i see what needs to change to motivate people or at least give them a REASON to get off it.

I guess what I'm saying is this.
the system is there as a safety net to look after people should the worst happen.

if there are people (like yourself) who lack the self respect and personal aspiration to find a job and find a way to stop relying on handouts then that's a personal problem not a state problem.

I agree that you should stop people who are just too lazy and would rather just take money and play xbox knowing that they are fit, healthy and could work if they chose. [from receiving benefits].

But that shouldn't come at the cost of others who genuinely don't have a choice

what changes would you suggest need to be made?

Thank you! I get so sick of people blaming a governing body for PEOPLE'S INDIVIDUAL ACTIONS.

Really? You would, huh? When will you fit that in when you are busting your ass trying to work 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet? Oh...that's right! You are a government freeloader! I'm sorry, I guess you DON'T know what it's like.

like i said, it was YEARS ago. so read everything i type instead of skimming through it. i was 19 years old at the time. it was fun.

the point im making. is they need to ENFORCE the already in place rules in that program.

instead of calling an automated hotline and pushing a few buttons. you should be required to see an actual person, with ACTUAL documentation proving that you went to job interviews but werent hired.

At least im honest enough to admit what i did was wrong, and to try and educate you guys on how "loose" that program is.

and FYI i work 70+ hours a week, usually starting at 4am. so no im not a freeloader thanks though. i actually got a job and went back to school to get training.

i went to school, and worked, and paid my way.

i shared my PAST experience with you guys, and admitted that the program is LOOSE and needs to be tightened up. and you guys dont listen, your acting like im still unemployed. TRY READING!

Oh I've read. And apparently you are too ignorant to admit your faults in your logic, even though each of us have pointed them out.

Also, the man power that it would take to process every unemployment case on a case-by-case basis would, in all honesty, probably cost the same--if not MORE--than what the government is already "losing" due to "loose" restrictions. So, there's no way that would happen. Ever. Period.

I agree that should happen.

if it's going to cost the same for it to happen as the government currently loose then why not create some more jobs and implement a better system?

Oh I've read. And apparently you are too ignorant to admit your faults in your logic, even though each of us have pointed them out.

Also, the man power that it would take to process every unemployment case on a case-by-case basis would, in all honesty, probably cost the same--if not MORE--than what the government is already "losing" due to "loose" restrictions. So, there's no way that would happen. Ever. Period.

so it would create more jobs, thus not actually "losing" the same amount of money.

:eek:

*sigh*

I guess I should have clarified myself.

You wanna learn other languages? Go for it! Learn as many as you can. In fact, I know a bit of German, Russian, Chinese, French, Japanese, Swahili and even a bit of the language I despise being spoken to me in the USA, Spanish.. I am, however, saying a foreign language should NOT be a requirement in schools. It just adds fluff to a diploma that no one should have to need in this country.

I am also not against immigration. I welcome immigrants, as long as they learn our language. I have at least two Chinese, one Japanese, five German, one Italian, three Korean and one Spanish friend. They all came to the USA on foreign exchange programs, so they are all pretty much back in their home country, but we still keep in touch. They all speak fluent English.

My biggest problem these days is ILLEGAL immigrants. Personally, I think we should give them the opportunity to go through the proper channels to become legal residents of this great country, but many refuse, costing this country millions, if not billions a year. These people generally absolutely refuse to learn English.

And where did this talk about welfare, disability, etc.. come from? You wanna know my stance on that, too? It needs reformed. Badly. My mom absolutely can not work under any circumstance. A nice little combination of a screwed up leg, not being able to lift anything heavy ever again thanks to a botched open heart surgery, a seizure disorder, and being highly prone to strokes keeps her from being able to work. She has had several doctors tell her she will never be able to work again. It has been three years since she has applied for disability for the first time. We are now on the THIRD appeal, and it's not looking promising. I'm working 50+ hours a week, and can't make all ends meet. But you know whats funny? The druggie down the road got disability benefits first try. The drunk my mom's boyfriend is friends with got disability benefits first try. Another person I know who had wrist surgery (successful, I might add, and hasn't experienced any pains or problems since) got disability first try. All I'm saying about those types of benefits is, tell the drunks and druggies to go screw themselves, and give it to people who have actually earned it or need it.

Back
Top Bottom