Possibly the best political statement ever made...

I assume you;re not on benefits now?

why not?

personal satisfaction of actually getting a job?

benefit systems should be provided as welfare safety nets, they should be there as a matter of course in most developed countries.
they should allow people, and their families if they have to support them to live perhaps not well, but comfortably in their times of need.

however, people should have enough self respect to find themselves a job.

it's not the system that's wrong it's the people that's wrong

no, after 7 months unemployment ends. unless you get approved for an extension. besides that was YEARS ago.

and dont talk about it until youve lived it. if someone was giving you money every week you wouldnt be too motivated to go get a job trust me.

sure you think in your head "im a hard worker" and thats probably true. but when there is money coming in for free, its REAL hard to go look for a job. try it.

the system needs stricter ways of proving you looked for work. all i had to do was call a phone number and push a few buttons, i never even talked to a real person. i never had to send in any forms of any kind, they just kept sending money.

its a joke honestly. and i see why people stay on welfare and unemployment while working an "under the table" job, because its like FREE money. sad thing is, its destroying the economy.

but hey. our government is logical. im not. im stupid and i fail at logic.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i do know one thing, if you give people free money they wont turn it down. and you can only give away so much before the value of the dollar sinks to all time lows. which it has.

but this is wayyyy off topic, i was just answering your question.

Now I find that funny. You expect others to learn a different language, yet you are too lazy to learn another one yourself.

im not in a position where i have to. but if i moved to another country i wouldnt want them to bend over backwards for me. id sign up for classes and read books and completely indulge myself in the local culture so dont call me lazy when you dont know me.

Actions speak louder than words.

ok so, what do u want me to do? move to africa and learn swahili to prove a point? lmao.

i would only learn a language that id benefit from knowing. its a lot harder to learn a language when your not around it 24/7.

there was a puerto rican guy at my work, he spoke NO ENGLISH. so they kept pairing him up with other spanish speaking guys. but this pissed him off, he wanted to learn english and he knew the only way to do that was to be around it all the time. so he requested to be with other english speaking people. and he learned english in less than a year.

some people should take a page out of that guys book.

like i said, if i moved somewhere, id learn the "popular" language.

Maybe try working on your English first.

I'm done talking to you. Meet my friend "Mr.Block". :D

no, after 7 months unemployment ends. unless you get approved for an extension. besides that was YEARS ago.

and dont talk about it until youve lived it. if someone was giving you money every week you wouldnt be too motivated to go get a job trust me.

sure you think in your head "im a hard worker" and thats probably true. but when there is money coming in for free, its REAL hard to go look for a job. try it.
since I turned 16 I have never been without a job.
sometimes I've done 2 or even three jobs at the same time.
I worked whilst I studied in secondary school college and university.

I could have just sat back and let my parents give me money, I could have sat back and let them give me food and a place to live, (as it was I paid them rent after I got a job).

I didn't do that, and i haven't been out of work since I turned 16 (which is over a decade ago now), not because I'm particularly motivated, nor lucky. but because I have an amount of self respect. it's the way that I was raised, even as a child I had to work for my pocket money, and I'm not just talking about doing the dishes or peeling vegetables, my dad was a self employed gardener and as long as I can remember I've worked with him, whether that's mowing lawns, digging ponds building walls of laying slabs.

clearly if you're happy to sit back and sponge off the system, living on the fruits of everyone else's labour, taking without contributing then you lack that same basic self respect that I have...

I say again. it's not the system that's broken.

it's the layabout dole bludgers like yourself who are happy that everyone else should struggle because you'll happily live of handouts and see no need to get a job.

people that say that there are no jobs are liars.
McDonalds are always hiring.

I've worked in a fast food restaurant before, and I'd do it again before I considered signing on...
-why? cause I have self respect.

Teny said:
exactly. so why wouldnt someone learn english here? you just made my point thank you.

i wouldnt mind learning another language. but only one useful for somewhere i visit a lot.

Now I find that funny. You expect others to learn a different language, yet you are too lazy to learn another one yourself.
no, he clearly said that he doesn't have the effort to learn a language for FUN.

BUT, if he was visiting a place regularly, he'd take the effort to learn a language.

I think that we can reasonably assume that if he was living in a place, that he'd take the trouble to learn the language.

since I turned 16 I have never been without a job.
sometimes I've done 2 or even three jobs at the same time.
I worked whilst I studied in secondary school college and university.

I could have just sat back and let my parents give me money, I could have sat back and let them give me food and a place to live, (as it was I paid them rent after I got a job).

I didn't do that, and i haven't been out of work since I turned 16 (which is over a decade ago now), not because I'm particularly motivated, nor lucky. but because I have an amount of self respect. it's the way that I was raised, even as a child I had to work for my pocket money, and I'm not just talking about doing the dishes or peeling vegetables, my dad was a self employed gardener and as long as I can remember I've worked with him, whether that's mowing lawns, digging ponds building walls of laying slabs.

clearly if you're happy to sit back and sponge off the system, living on the fruits of everyone else's labour, taking without contributing then you lack that same basic self respect that I have...

I say again. it's not the system that's broken.

it's the layabout dole bludgers like yourself who are happy that everyone else should struggle because you'll happily live of handouts and see no need to get a job.

people that say that there are no jobs are liars.
McDonalds are always hiring.

I've worked in a fast food restaurant before, and I'd do it again before I considered signing on...
-why? cause I have self respect

i used to think just like you. i had a FULL time job at 15 during the summer literally working 16 hours a day for my dad fixing cars and pumpin gas. my parents dont give me anything, i work for everything ive ever had. hell i even stopped getting birthday cakes after 14. so dont sit there and lecture me like im some spoiled rich kid.

im sharing my experiences that i LIVED. major difference than just calling someone lazy.

and sure, mcdonalds is always hiring, i always say that too, but the point is. why clean bathrooms and flip burgers when u can play xbox all day for the same money if not more?

im a hard worker. i just see what needs to be fixed with the system.

like i said. try it. see where your self respect goes when you get free money.

remember. i used to think everyone was a piece of crap that was on unemployment.

then i lived it. and i see what needs to change to motivate people or at least give them a REASON to get off it.

it's not the system that's wrong it's the people that's wrong

Thank you! I get so sick of people blaming a governing body for PEOPLE'S INDIVIDUAL ACTIONS.

im not in a position where i have to. but if i moved to another country i wouldnt want them to bend over backwards for me. id sign up for classes and read books and completely indulge myself in the local culture so dont call me lazy when you dont know me.

Really? You would, huh? When will you fit that in when you are busting your ass trying to work 2 or 3 jobs just to make ends meet? Oh...that's right! You are a government freeloader! I'm sorry, I guess you DON'T know what it's like.

Back
Top Bottom