Possibly the best political statement ever made...

how about you don't Have to learn english....but if you don't you will be at a disadvantage

...so don't give us crap about it...

Since I don't live in or ever plan on living in Alabama, fine by me.

Why? As long as they don't expect everyone else to learn it, I don't see why they can't speak whatever language they like.

its the same in any country. No one cares that you can't speak the general language even though there isn't an "official language"

The United States can't have an official language because that would go against all it stands for. Forcing people to learn English, whether that be by laws or "advantages" will only cause prosecution on grounds of the First Amendment.

edit: Foothead got to it first. I didn't read the posts in between.

Exactly (last two posts) ^. We don't have an official language, so quitcherbitchin' about it, people. Man. People who say this stuff are just so damn ignorant.

no official language? ok cool. from now on, all street signs will be in japanese. then we will see who is bitchin.

if i moved to italy, id learn italian.
if i moved to russia id learn russian
if i moved to spain id learn spanish.

the point is. ENGLISH is probably one of if not THE MOST widely used language in the world. so just because the 20% non english speaking immigrants want us to change doesnt mean we have to. why should we bend over backwards for them? its called the MAJORITY VOTE. not minority.

Back
Top Bottom