is this a good motherboard?

For practical home use, the fastest internet service you can get is with cable broadband available from your local cable TV provider.

For practical home use, the fastest internet service you can get is with cable broadband available from your local cable TV provider.

Yep, and get the 10mbps package or higher. Though in the next parish, we have eatel fiberedge which costs aboutthe same as cox but is a ton faster. If you have that option, go for it.

Damn cox. They bribe all our politicians so they can have a monopoly where I live. The city is actually not allowing any other cable provders into the area (or at least they were, I keep hearing rumours that it's changed but they always seem to be false). So yeah, we are stuck with their crappy service and extreme prices (which go up twice a year btw) simply due to lack of competition.

I was talking to my dad about it and he said that the fastest internet we have in our small town is dsl, and that apperently everyone around here who had cable internet ended up getting rid of it.

IIRC, most cable internet connections are shared within a localized area, so in a small community too many people often share the connection. That is the problem in my small town. DSL is much better and more reliable in my area due to the cheapskate provider.

^ +1, around here DSL is often the better option. You can get a ~6mbps service with decent latencies and consistent performance, or Suddenlink cable which tends to crap out at random intervals. We only have EDGE here, but there are times where I just take out my phone and tether it to the computer rather than use our cable internet.

Yeah. We have 5Mb DSL here for like $50 or $55 a month I THINK. I don't pay for it so I can't say for sure. I'm just the fix it man in my house. I keep things running smooth, my parents pay for the bill. I do believe that we have 10Mb DSL as well, but it's probably like 70 or 80 bucks a month.

Back
Top Bottom