California trying to ban the happy meal toy

LOL I am sorry but the responsibility lies with the parents in this case. If I get my daughter a happy meal I don't give her the drink because I already have a drink for her and she doesn't get french fries either. If the parents would take more initiative and care for their children then it wouldn't be an issue. I do admit that the burgers or chicken nuggets do have a lot of calories in it as well but it is fine every once and a while. People rely on Mcdonalds because they are "too busy" to cook or whatever. In my opinion if the parent doesn't care about the kids well being what position is it for the government to step in. This is going to have NO EFFECT on parents bringing their kid to McDonalds. Last time I checked the kids don't drive there and get the food themselves, their parents are taking them there. It is not going to change because they don't get a toy.
^^^
My opinion.

What do you expect, It's California.

I have a better idea. Arrest the parents for child abuse. They are the ones directly responsible for supplying their children with this "unhealthy" food, causing life long harm to their children.

I completely agree , if the parents where supplying their kids with alcohol the law would be very quick to act so why not in cases where parents are feeding their kids to death

I have a better idea. Arrest the parents for child abuse. They are the ones directly responsible for supplying their children with this "unhealthy" food, causing life long harm to their children.

And now we have more people in jail and more children in orphan homes. Nice use of taxes there.

whereas allowing the parents to make their children obese then having to provide the healthcare for these obese children is a much better use of taxes of course

whereas allowing the parents to make their children obese then having to provide the healthcare for these obese children is a much better use of taxes of course

Either way the health care system is going to have to pay for them. Unless they have a good job. Then the health care companies make money...

But think of the amount of kids that are poorly fed in America.. Half the population would be arrested and/or put in orphan homes.

Back
Top Bottom